Chapter 17

Arms locked with Frigga, you both make your way up to the lobby of the tower. Thor and Loki are standing in the room waiting for the both of you to arrive.
Thor walks over and places his hand on your shoulder giving it a friendly squeeze, "I'm glad you decided to come my friend." You give a small smile and nod once. You see Loki out the corner of your eye watching the interaction. You glance over and he gives you a nod. You ignore him and start making your way out the door to the front of the building.

Frigga looks down you and says, "after using so much of your energy you may get sick using the bifrost." You nod in understanding. "My son would you come on the other side of Y/N and help me steady her?", She asks. Next thing you know Loki swiftly makes he way to your side and offers you his arm. You reluctantly take it as the bifrost opens up around the four of you.

You're all spat out into a golden dome with a dark man in gold armor standing in the middle. "I wasn't ready. Son of a bitch," you whine trying to keep yourself from collapsing. "I'm sorry for the language Frigga. That was just intense." She smiles down at you, "While raising the boys I've heard worse."
"Queen Frigga, Prince Thor, Prince Loki, and Lady Y/N, welcome to Asgard," a man you assume Heimdall greets. "Thank you. It's nice to meet you Heimdall," you weakly go to shake his hand but he nods his head staring off into the darkness of space. "The pleasure is mine," he says. You walk to the entrance of the dome and see a long rainbow bridge leading to the kingdom.
You look to Thor, "this is the most beautiful thing I've seen." "I thought I was," Loki jokes.
You angrily glare at him. He doesn't get to play with you about that, even if he is trying to be light hearted. You turn your attention slowly back to Thor and Frigga, "I'm not feeling well, do we have to make the walk now?" You sigh.
Loki, trying to be hospitable, offers to escort you to the palace. You roll your eyes and go to grab his arm but he swoops you into his arms bridal style and starts to quickly make his way down the bridge leaving Thor and Frigga in the dust. What the hell?
"Can you put me down?," you ask with a harshness in your voice. "Are you going to complain about walking," he asks mirroring your tone. "Of course I am," you grit. "Then no. I don't want to hear you complain about doing something as mundane as walking," he laughs.
"Why do you have to be like this to me. You want nothing to do with me then you wait outside my cell for god knows how long. Now you refuse to let me walk. What's your problem do you know how hard this has been for me," you hear yourself get angry. He plops you down on your feet, "Excuse me for being hospitable. You forget I am a prince and I don't have to escort or carry you anywhere Y/N," he spits back, clearly agitated that you are mad at him.
"Ugh fuck you, Loki. Ever since your accident you have been selfish and cold towards me. I'm just asking for consistency considering I loved you. You're not the only one who lost you that day. You may not remember but I remember everything," you say angrily. Before he can respond Frigga and Thor whisk you away talking about showing you to your rooms.

You walk down the hallways of the palace, greeting people as they pass with a small nod of your head. "I hope these rooms will suffice Y/N. Loki and Thor are in this hall as well so if you need anything you can get to them the easiest," Frigga tells you. You give a mental eye roll. You want to be as far away from Loki as you can right now. Your sadness for losing is quickly turning to anger and annoyance by his presence. You smile and thank the Queen as she heads back down the hall and presumably to do her royal duties. "Y/N i also wanted to inform you the library is at the very end of this hall if you wish to research. You have full access to it. I have to go meet The Warriors 3. Supper will be in 3 hours. I will send someone to escort you," Thor informs you of the evening plans and then leaves you to yourself.

You decide to check out your room and it's truly regal. There's a small sitting area in the front. It has a couch and two arm chair surrounding a fireplace. To the right there's a hallway leading deeper into the rooms. You make you way down it and find a beautiful bedroom with a bed fit for a King. The room is large and also has its own sitting area over looking a balcony. You peek over and see it's overlooking a garden. The color scheme is dark but you don't mind. It's very numbing to the anxiety you have experienced. It's like your own little hole to crawl up in and rest. The effects of you using your powers constantly for the past few days catches up to you and you plop on the bed and fall asleep.

You hear knocking at your door that jolts you awake, "Um just a minute!" The knocking ceases and you open the door and see a blonde man with a dapper mustache. "Good evening Lady Y/N my name is Fandral and I am here to escort you to supper," he flashes you a smile. "Ugh just a second I was asleep," you open the door and gesture him in. "Please take a seat it'll only take a minute to get ready," you assure him. "Take as much time as you need. It's an intimate supper. Only a few others will be there. Nothing fancy like a ball," he explains. You open up the wardrobe in your bedroom to find it stocked with Asgardian style dresses. You pick out a deep navy dress with gold accents stitched into it. You use your magic to straighten your hair and apply light make up.
You walk out the bedroom and present yourself to Fandral, "Will this do?" You ask unamused. "Looks perfect, Lady Y/N....shall we," he offers his arm to you and you do all you can to not roll your eyes. You're finding it incredibly hard to feel anything but anger, annoyance, and careless. Must be something in the air up here.
You both come to a large gilded door. Fandral pushes it open and you come into a large dining hall with a table on the middle. Seated at the head is Odin and Frigga. Beside her is Loki and beside Odin is Thor. The brothers are rather casual as well are the king and queen, which surprises you because you'd figure royalty would always dress to the nines.

You take your seat and you're sandwiched between Thor and Fandral at the table. You glance over to Loki who is looking you over as if trying to read you. You give him a flat look and and nod in acknowledgment of his presence.
Throughout the dinner stories are exchanged between all except you and Loki. You don't care much for conversation tonight and you assume he doesn't either.
After everyone clears their plates, Frigga suggests the festivities must go on. In an instant music is playing throughout the hall. All you really want is to go back to your room and close everyone off for the night but you hear someone ask behind you, "Care to dance?"
The voice is none other than Fandral. You look up and his offered arm then give a quick glance to Loki who looks mildly irritated. You can't keep living your life to please him so you accept Fandral's offer and walk to the dance area of the room. Hopefully this will lighten your mood.

The music starts and he slowly starts to lead you around the floor. You focus on him but you can practically feel Loki's anger radiating off of him. Good. He doesn't have a reason to be angry. He rejected you. Yes he was sweet but it's too painful to have him as anything other than a friend, at least for now. You need to find a way to get over him.

As you look up and Fandral you see how closely he is watching you. You feel how tightly his hands are gripping your waist. You sneakily read his emotions and you feel lust. That's entertaining. And a good distraction. You decide to take advantage of this and gently run your hand down to the middle of his back and pull him closer to you. You feel your bodies pressed against each other and you look at him with confidence. "Hold me tighter Fandral," you demand with almost a growl in your voice. His breath hitches and he has a slight pink to his cheeks but he obeys. It makes you feel powerful seeing the effect you have on him. You two dance together for a little while longer until you've had your fill. You stand up on your toes so you can speak into his ear. You see Loki over his shoulder staring intently at you with squinted eyes. "Care to escort me back to my room," you softly ask him. "Yes, my Lady," he quickly responds. "That's what I like to hear," you purr at him as you two exit the hall, with a pair of blue green eyes burning holes in your back.