Chapter 22

"What can I expect from tonight," you ask Loki in the middle of your walk to the hall. "Food, dancing, meeting a lot of people, speaking about yourself," he explains. "You're literally one of a kind I'm sure plenty will be curious of your culture and your people. But do not be frightened or nervous. I will be by your side, tonight is about you. If you are uncomfortable just let me know," he says sincerely. You nod your head. "Oh and they may want you to give a speech or perform perhaps. No one but me and Thor have heard a siren sing," he slips that little tid bit in. You yank softly on his arm, "Sing in front of them? I don't like to be the center of attention." He places his hand on your face gently and looks at you, "well if not for everyone else can you do it for me? I think your voice is beautiful and I'd love to hear it again."
You reluctantly nod your head in acceptance. Not long after you come to the doors of the ballroom. Loki pushes them open and walks you both through. He leads you up to the front of the room where Odin and Frigga are standing. They give you a polite smile. "Good evening mother," Loki hugs Frigga and she greets him back, "good evening my son". "Loki," Odin says hardly passing him a glance. "Odin," Loki responds just as coldly.
"People of Asgard, we have asked you here to tonight to celebrate the life of someone who was thought to not even exist until recently. Y/N, daughter of Rán goddess of the ocean, the last siren, has come to visit Asgard. Please make her feel welcome and celebrate tonight in her honor," Odin announces to the room before the music starts back up.

You feel a nervousness bubbling up in your gut. You've never been around so many people before. Unlike other parties you've been to you can blend in and remain unseen. You've got a Prince of Asgard on your arm and you're the guest of honor. Loki senses you anxiety and takes you to a sitting area on the edge of the party where less people are gathered.
"We can stay here until you're used to the crowd," he says softly. "It's just so overwhelming. There's so much going on I'm not sure what to do first. Who to speak to first," you try and not sound like you're complaining. "I don't want to sound ungrateful. This is flattering but-," he stops you. "Don't worry about it. Tonight you can just stay by my side. Don't worry about anyone else. You're a goddess you don't have to do anything," he reassures you and holds your hand in his tightly. "Thank you," tears threaten to sting your eyes but you look up and push them back. "Anything for you, Y/N," he smiles.

Lately he's been so much like the old Loki you knew. Maybe he's taken pity on you and your situation. You don't want to mistake his kindness for affection. You're not so sure where you stand with Loki anymore. You know you're friends but what will happen if one day he meets a woman of Asgard and falls in love. You know he wants to know what made you so special to him in the past but that doesn't mean he'll feel the same in the future. You're not sure how you would handle seeing him with someone else. Actually you do, you nearly killed yourself last time you saw him with another woman. Then you tried to wipe your memory of him when that didn't work. How's this one man taking over your mind every waking moment. He's like a song you can't get out of your head. Speaking of songs...

"You know I'd love to hear you sing tonight," he says after a long silence between you two. "Do you think they're ready for entertainment now," you ask Loki. "I sure am," he giggles. "That's good. I think I have an idea. I want to try something." He furrows his brows, "and what might that be?" "I know I showed you my memories and you watched them like they were on screen. I want to share my emotions with you tonight. It's part of my siren ability but you will have all of your own thoughts. I want you to feel what I feel, Loki," you place a hand on his arm, "even if it's not reciprocated. You'll know to the full extent my emotions." The thinks for a moment and nods his head in agreement. "You should have Thor by you I've never done this before," you say. Lucky enough Thor was nearby and you explain to him your plan. "Whatever it takes to get Loki's memory back," Thor says happily. "His memory shouldn't come back just from this," you say. You make your way to Odin and tell him you'd like to perform a song for the audience. He beats his staff three times on the ground to silence everyone and you walk over to the piano. "Any song you can think of, this piano will play. Just command it to," Odin informs and returns to his seat by Frigga. You tell piano the song you want to play and it starts hitting the keys and you start to sing