Chapter 38

"When did you want to leave my darling," Loki asks as he wets your hair. "As soon as possible," you respond, handing him the shampoo. He squeezes the shampoo onto his hand then gently massages it into your hair. Once your hair in thoroughly washed he slicks conditioner through it.

"Your turn my prince," you tell him while you both switch positions in the tub. You wet his hair and run shampoo through it and massage his scalp. "We could have a simple Midgardian elopement. Get you a beautiful dress and I, a suit. Be wed and dance off into the night," he purrs at you. You wash his soft dark locks and lather conditioner into them. After a minute you both wash out you hair and dry off.

"That sounds like a dream doesn't it," you giggle. "However I think we should indulge in the traditions on Midgard," you cock and eye brow at him. "What are those," he asks.

You both settle onto the bed after shimmering on simple pajamas. "Normally the night before the wedding the bride and groom each have a party. A bachelor and bachelorette party. But since you and I seem to be the only one attending we can celebrate together," you explain.

"How about this...we leave first thing in the morning and stay about 2-3 weeks and enjoy Midgard together in private then get married," he suggests while wrapping his arms around you. "We better rest then shouldn't we," you rub your nose against his.

You turn the TV off and cover the both of you with the sheets. You listen to Loki's steady heartbeat and his breathing. You're amazed at how fast you're starting to trust him. You'll tell him when the times
right.

                                               ~

Morning comes and you and Loki are hustling to get dressed and everything you need straightened away. "Breakfast then Midgard," he assures you when you ask if you can leave already. You roll your eyes and wait for him at the door so he can escort you to the dining hall. "If you do that often enough your eyes will get stuck," he warns.

"Bite me," you laugh. "Only if you ask nicely," he replies making you turn red and smile. "Quick breakfast then we head out right," you ask. "Yes darling that's the plan," he says. "You better inhale it because I am ready to go on a trip. Just us."

Before you open the door to the dining room you stop walking and pull Loki close to you. He looks down at you with a loving grin. You stand on your toes and he bends slightly so you can reach his cheek, kissing it.

Once inside you both load your plates up with eggs and meats and roasted potatoes, to start. You and Loki both eat with haste then share a huge waffle to end. Everyone is lost in their own conversations, Frigga and Thor having one of their own. You clear your throat to try and politely get their attention. Frigga turns her head to you with a bright smile, "yes my dear?"

"Loki and I have been planning a trip by ourselves. We're going to Midgard for a few weeks and we wanted to let you know we intend to head out after breakfast," you inform her with a smile. She clasps her hands together happily and smiles to you both, "You children enjoy yourselves! You both deserve some alone time. I'll take care of your duties, my son, until your return. The both of you be safe and let me know if you need help."

"We promise, mother. Thank you. Have you eaten your fill Y/N," Loki asks. You nod to him and vanish both your plates to the kitchen. "We best head out then," Loki stands up and pushes in his chair before offering you his hand. You eagerly take it in yours and quickly walk out the dining hall.

                                                ~
"Good morning Heimdall," you excitedly chirp to the gatekeeper. "Why hello, Your Highnesses," he says in his same monotone voice with a smile. "Midgard please," you smile and drag a slow Loki behind you towards the bifrost. You pull Loki in front of you and grab both his hands, "ready?" He happily nods and smile and walks you both into the rainbow tunnel.