Chapter 34

Breakfast was loud as usual. Thor and the warriors three were already in the dining hall by the time you and Loki got there. You weren't so used to showing anyone but Thor and Loki your old self so you donned your court mask. You were slowly making progress with yourself and you didn't need any of the three warriors questioning you. Loki made sure to ask the kitchen staff to make peanut butter waffles for his 'bride to be'. He really was taking advantage of this opportunity. You're just glad he isn't upset with it, he seems to enjoy calling you his future wife.

Thor and the warriors finished their breakfast before you and Loki, being that they arrived first. They didn't wait to head out to start their work for the day. You slowly ate your waffles and enjoyed the silence once the other boys were gone. "What would my lady like to do today," Loki asks you after a long silence. "I'm not sure Loki. Did you have anything plans," you ask him sweetly. He smiled when he noticed you dropped your court mask for him and you were being yourself. All it took was his smile to
Make you heart flutter. It was scary but it felt good to have a partner. You need to trust him if this is going to work. It'll come. Eventually.

"I was thinking we tour Asgard. There's still so much you have yet to see," Loki suggests. "Now come to think of it I've only seen the markets, the palace, and that lake....but really what else is there," you ask him.

"So much more Y/N! There's wilderness and animals. Rivers and streams! You thought that lake was pretty just wait my darling," Loki says excitedly.

You both finish up breakfast and you vanish the dishes to the kitchen sink. Loki seems to be in a hurry as he grabs your hand and teleports you to the stables. "You're in a hurry," you giggle and tease. "Just trying not to waste the daylight," Loki comments as he swings himself onto his pure black mare. He reaches his hand down to you to offer to pull you up with him. You give him a look, "Loki you know I can ride." "I know you can ride and many other things but as my bride to be..," he starts. "Okay okay I'll get on," you cut him off when he's about to play the fiancé card. You've learned there's no use arguing with him once he has his mind set.

You use your magic to give your legs a boost as you hop onto the horse. Once you're up and settled Loki starts making his way through the city. You're met with many happy expressions from the Asgardians to see one of the princes out and about. He doesn't stop or take long in the village as he continues to make his way towards the outskirts of the rural areas of Asgard. You both come to the tree line before you head into the forest. It's lush with greenery and you're not too sure how you two and a horse will easily fit. With a wave of his hand Loki parts the branches and the trees and creates a pathway for the both of you on the horse.

"Thank god my clothes won't get ripped up," you sigh. "Maybe not by the trees, but something else more ravenous," he playfully purrs at you. You feel your cheeks go red and you huddle into Loki's back as he leads into the forest.

The scenery is something from a fairy tale. Even though you technically are living one. Sort of. A twisted fairy tale we'll say. The animals in the forest don't seem afraid of you. You see deer like creatures, and rabbits and birds just going about their business. As always the plants are vibrant and the flowers smell amazing. You give a sigh of content and close your eyes taking in the sounds of the forest.

~

"Poor darling. You missed the ride there," Loki says with a sweet smile. "What," you groggily ask. "You have fallen asleep Y/N," he says as he hops of the horse. "It was just so peaceful. It's warm outside but you're cool. Ugh so relaxing," you go on.

Loki laughs, "I knew it would be. I loved the wilderness as a child." You squeak in surprise as Loki grabs your hips and lifts you down off the horse. You nod to Loki in thanks as he ties up his horse. "So where exactly are we," you ask Loki looking around and the lush forest.

"Not so sure. I kind of just started walking," he looks around taking in the scenery. "Ok. You just walked us ,god knows how far, into the woods. Woods that you don't even know," you ask him will sight panic in his voice. "This God does know how far. It's about two miles," he states proudly. You huff and shake your head, "Lead the way, husband."

"Soon enough but not yet," he smiles.

You both walk hand in hand and look at the shrubbery. Loki goes on and tells you about the plants and what they can he used or, magic or medicinal. He always points to ones that are poisonous and you should 'never consume'. You wouldn't eat off a plant in the woods anyways. He looks invested as he goes on and wanders through the woods. He expression of joy and wonder and excitement of adventure is something you'll remember forever. "Hey Loki are we going to get to the spot you've wanted to show me," you ask shyly.

"Why darling we're here. The forest. Enjoying the most raw parts of Asgard...do you not like it," he asks softly. "No I love it! I just figured you'd have something bigger. You're not one to shy away from theatrics," you laugh and joke. He nods and smiles.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself my dear. Are you hungry," he grins. "Very actually. How long have we been out here," you ask. "A few hours," he says as he find a clearing on the ground. He summons a table covered with a cloth and a picnic basket appears on his hand. "It's time for lunch," he exclaims happily.

You sigh in relief and take you seat at the picnic table. "Very fancy picnic," you joke as Loki sets out wine and fine foods on the table. "Usually you eat it on a blanket on the ground like last time," you giggle. "Unlike last time you are my fiancé and I figured as such you shouldn't sit on the ground," he smiles. "So since we weren't engaged before you let me sit on the nasty ground because I wasn't important enough in your life for a seat off the floor," you ask flatly.

You see a look of shock come across Loki's face, "oh gods no that's not what I meant! I swear it!" You crack and laugh, "I'm joking Loki. Did I scare you?"
"All the time, woman!," he exclaims.

Any food that can be thought of is being pulled out the basket. You notice Loki is pulling out all your favorites: breads, pasta, soups, salads, homemade pizza. You wonder how he expects you and him to eat it all.

"When's the army arriving?," you tease him. He laughs and shakes his head, "No army just us. I just wanted to make sure you have a good variety to choose from." You smile and prepare yourself a salad to start, "well that is very kind of you Loki. Thank you."

You and Loki sit and eat the huge spread of food on the table. Even though you're both stuffed to the brim you hadn't made a dent. "I feel like a glutton," you groan and hold your belly. "Oh then I guess you're not up for desert," Loki asks playfully.

"Now hold on," you hold your finger up. "I just ate something salty you know I need something sweet. Just to balance it out," you both laugh at your comment.

"I think I know just the thing," he reaches into the basket and makes a show of pulling out the 'perfect' desert. "Ta-da!," he pulls out a chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake.

"You know me so well Loki," you groan in delight looking at the desert. You cut both of you a slice with a strawberry and you slowly start to eat the cake. Comfortable silence is all that surrounds you and him. Even the animals have seemed to go quiet and run off to another part of the woods. The sun shines bright letting in beams of light through the canopy. One falls so perfectly across Loki's face, as it had this morning.

"It's impolite to stare," he purrs to you.