Chapter 7

You go to open your door and see Nat standing there, about to knock. "Perfect timing," you smile as she offers her arm to escort you. You make your way down the hall was and to the top of the stairs. "You ready, friend?" You nod and smile and start making your way down the long stair case. You hear the faint bump of the music as you enter the room. You enter and hear the beginnings of the song "It's Tricky." You let go of Nat's arm and yell, " Scott Lang!" And you hear a distant , "Y/N Y/L/N!" You lock eyes and you use your powers to levitate and take you to the floor over the railing of the stair case. Both of you square up and look ready to fight. Then you both nod your head and turn to face the same direction next to each other and proceed to dance. Not just any dance.  The 'White Chicks' dance to its tricky from the hard core dance battle.

Everyone watched in confusion as you and Scott danced your asses to the song. Once finished you had to use your magic to fix your hair as it had gotten tossed around quite a bit. You give Scott a hug, " why don't you come around anymore dumbass." "I just have been busy. Raising my child now that I can finally be there for her," he said longingly. "Well I can't be mad at you for that buddy," you say and kiss his cheek. You turn around and see Sam. "That had to have been the single greatest thing I have seen in my life and I've seen a lot of things." You chuckle as sam goes on about you and Scott's dance. You look around and see who all is here and you see Thor, but can't help but notice there's no Loki. You decide to reach out to him.

'You know it's rude to show up late to your own party here,' you say light heartedly.
'Not if your fashionably late.' You can hear the smile in his voice
'Fashionably late my ass. How hard is it to put on a suit and fix your hair?,'
'A lot harder than you would think'
You laugh to yourself at his response. Never have you seen a man so worried about his look.
'Well I'm sure you look fine. Just hurry up and get down here. It's fun but I want you to experience the fun too.'

You cut off your link and mingle with everyone at the party. You go up to the group with Tony, Thor, Steve, and Bucky. "Hey guys, this party is great. Tony thank you so much," you give him a bright smile. "No thank you for entertaining us earlier. That little dance you and the ant did was superb." The guys laugh with you as you explain that Scott insisted you two learn the dance together. "Brother!," Thor booms suddenly making you jump nearly spilling you drink. You turn around and see Loki walking down the stairs and into the room. You're so excited he finally showed up to enjoy the fun you teleport over to him.

"Ugh, finally," you joke lightly elbowing him. He rolls his eyes and offers you his arm. "I'm parched. Do you think they'll have anything sufficient at the bar for a god? I'd ask if you would like a drink but I see you already have one," he smiles down at you. With a wave of your hand you vanish your drink, " Ha What drink are you talking about," pretending you didn't have one in your hand. He laughs and starts walking you both to the bar, " Thor had to have brought the Asgardian Wine." You smile and turn to Loki once you two reach the bar, "He did bring it would you like a glass, Your Highness?" He grins at you, "I would very much appreciate it, thank you Lady Y/N," giving a slight bow.

You head behind the bar and pour Loki a glass of his wine from his home. You pour yourself a glass of whiskey and make your way back to Loki from behind the bar. You both make your way through the crowd and mingle. You both get multiple compliments, you on your quick learning and Loki on his excellent teaching. Things seem to wind down a little and slow song comes on over the speakers. You drink down the rest of your whiskey and turn to Loki before he can turn to you, "Prince Loki?" You try and get his attention using formality. He turns and raises his eyebrows in acknowledgement, "yes Lady Y/N?" You gently grab his hand and look up at him giving a soft smile, "May I have this dance?" He gives a low chuckle and sets down his wine, "I'm supposed to ask you that but it seems you've beat me to it."

He escorts you down to the dance floor and takes your hand in his. You place your other hand on his shoulder. He takes his free hand and you feel it gently trail down and finally rest on the small of your back. His hands are cooler than a regular humans and the temperature difference sent a shock through your body making you break out in goosebump for a moment.

You feel him gently pull you close to where your head can rest on his chest right under his chin and in that moment it's like the two of you are the only ones here. He's a great dancer but You guess he has to be. He's royalty. You bet he's danced with hundreds of women and knows how to make his way around a dance floor. You can't imagine Thor being so steady and graceful on his feet like Loki is.

"Prince Loki," you get his attention, head still on his chest.
"Yes Lady Y/N," he says quietly. "I just want to thank you so much. For everything you've taught me about myself. Everything you taught me to do. You didn't have to, but you did anyways. And I'll forever be in your debt," you pull away slightly to look at him. "Teaching you has been one of the most fascinating experiences of my life. Letting me teach you is enough to consider that debt paid. It was a pleasure," he smiles and pulls you back in.

You dance quietly for a moment or two more before you speak again. "I want to thank you, Loki" "Y/N you already have," he plainly states again. "No I want you to feel how thankful I am," you try to start explaining. He looks confused, "how do you plan to do that?" "Do you trust me?," you ask. "With my life," he immediately replies.

You reach you hands up to hold is face in your hands and start to establish a link between the two of you. Once done you being to think of how liberated and powerful you feel after what he taught you. How thankful you are. The happiness he's brought you. Everything that he's ever done to make you feel good and joyful. You slide your hands back down the where they were one in his and once on his shoulder. You look up at him with tears in your eyes, "thank you so much. I hope you understand." He looks down to you and you see a small wetness to his eyes, "I'm glad I could help you." He pulls you back in and you're back to dancing slow and close together.