Chapter 14

You kick and scream at whoever dared pick you up. You're too upset to use your powers to fight them. You feel someone plop you down on your bed in your room. All you can do is scream in pain. You feel you heart breaking in your chest. How could he forget you?
"Y/N," Bucky tries to get you attention. "WHY?!?," you turn and scream at him, "WHY DID YOU TAKE ME AWAY?" "Loki is going through a lot right now. He needs time to heal maybe the amnesia is temporary," Bucky states. You didn't even think that it could be a temporary thing. There has to be a way to help him remember. Maybe you can show him your memories with him. You manage to calm your anger and sit next to Bucky on the bed.

"I just can't believe this has happened," you say. "It should've been me," you start to tear up. Bucky puts his arms around you to comfort you. "You know that Loki would have happily died for you. He loved you," Bucky says. "He never said it. I said it to him for the first time now," you blink away the tears. "I should've told him sooner." You let out a sigh and your stomach grumbles. "Pizza?," Bucky asks. You nod "extra cheese?," you ask. "Of course, Doll."

Instead of ordering out you decide to distract yourself and make a pizza from scratch. Bucky sits and watches you roll out the dough. You're too lost in thought of how to fix Loki's memory to notice his staring. "Sorry did you say you wanted anything on your half? I know I wanted just extra cheese," you ask Bucky. "Extra cheese is fine for me too. I'll eat anything," he gives you a genuine smile. Having Bucky around to distract you is nice. He never tries to force conversation. You both sit in comfortable silent while you wait for the pizza to finish in the oven. You hear foot steps coming down the hallway and look up to see Thor and Loki. Your heart skips a beat praying that maybe his mind was healed and he remembered but from the looks of it, that doesn't seem the case. He gives you no more acknowledgement than he would a chair. You see Thor look at you with worry hidden behind his blue eyes.
'I won't freak out while he's here. I'm calm right now. Waiting on pizza' you say to Thor telepathically and he nods his head.
Loki looks at you suspiciously, "what do we have here?" You look at him sadly as he says the same thing he did the night you two first met. "Yeah. Telepath, Master of Magic, and part Siren. Didn't take you long to figure it out last time either," you mumble. He gives you an amused look, "Huh Sirens are non existent. Must be why I had such a fascination with you. Something so rare, peeking my interest." You have to admit hearing him say that hurt, but you just need to give him time before you can start trying to recover his memory. "Well if you're coming back for a second time I guess I am pretty interesting to you aren't I?," you joke. This makes him smile. "Touché, Lady...," he asks your name. "Y/N," you reply. The timer goes off for the pizza and you take it out the oven. And slice it up for you and Bucky. Thor and Loki had headed back to their rooms shortly after your introduction again to the dark haired man.

"How are you after that," Bucky asks. "Oh I'm sad as shit but I'm hiding it," you say matter of factly. He gives a small chuckle and a sad smile. "Well you do a damn good job at it," he says gathering your plates and cleaning the dishes since you cooked. "I think I'm going to head up to my room. Thank you for keeping me company Buck," you say to him. "Anytime doll," he says as you make your way to your room. The elevator ride has to be the slowest ride of your life. You knew Loki's rooms were near yours and it didn't help that you can sense him being that he was so close. You knew he was in his room but you didn't have a right to go see him anymore.

Whatever you two had may as well not have happened. At least to him. You'll always remember the moments you and Loki shared. You'll remember how his eyes soften when looking down at you, you'll remember how there's one small lock of hair that always tends to fall in his face so he keeps it tucked behind his ear, you'll remember how he turns the pages of a book when he would read to you.

You haven't really let yourself think of this stuff. You don't want to mourn your love but you aren't confident you can get him back. The tears slowly start to spill out and you take in a shaky breath to try and calm yourself. The elevator doors ding open and you feel the lump in your throat catch. Of course your luck Loki is waiting for the elevator. He sees you visibly upset and give you a concerned look, "pizza didn't come out good? What a shame." You shake look down and shake your head slowly and start to sob as you try and feel your way to your room. Loki sees you struggle with the door so he kindly helps you open it. "Thank you, Lo- Your Highness," he doesn't remember giving you permission to call him by his name. "Please just Loki and you're welcome," he says.