Chapter 13

You both are too happy to sleep right now so you just opt to hold each other in blissful silence. "So I have a question," you start. He hums in response. "Is uh, is it blue too?," you playfully ask. He looks as you is disbelief at what you asked. "I mean you don't have to answer," you smile. "It's not that I don't want to answer it's just that I don't know," he says. "I've never made love in my Jotun form," he explains. Love. Your heart flutters but you know it's just an expression. If he loved you he would have said so already, right?

                                                ~

The week goes by fast probably because you've been wanting to get back out again and use your new abilities. Everyone is in the conference room going over the plan one more time. Nat, Clint and Steve are going to clear the guards that are around the perimeter of the compound. You and Loki will be tasked with entering and freeing hostages since you both can teleport and you can use mind control. Tony and Bucky will hang about and pick off any straggling agents that try to escape into the wooded area of the compound. You are confident that everything will go to plan. You basically buzz with excitement. You'll be doing what you love with the man you love. You've finally admitted to yourself that you do love Loki. You have been trying to find the right time to tell him but no moment seems perfect. You both have been busy training and practicing your magic.  Once the plan is established yet again you change into your suit using magic and head with Loki the jet.

He takes his seat next to you and lands his hand on your bounding leg, "are you nervous?" "No! I am excited I finally get to get back into the action using all of my power. I'm so ready," you smile at him reassuringly. "Well we don't know 100% what we're up against. Just keep your focus on the mission and the hostages we have to free," he says. You smile at him and he reciprocates. The jet lands in a clearing hidden from the compound security.

The three avengers make their way around the perimeter taking out guards. You and Loki hear Steve in your ears saying the coast is clear and to enter the facility when ready. You grab Loki's hand and he teleports the both of you to the entrance of the big building. "Ready, darling," he asks with a smile. "As I'll ever be, my King," you respond. You and him burst through the doors and start taking out agents left and right. You sling them hard into walls while Loki makes a shield around the both of you. You come across many rooms with a few hostages in each. You assume Loki you will be fine to clear the rest of the building and task him with showing the hostages out.

Everything went smoothly and the building seemed empty so you made your way back to the front to meet up with Loki. You walk out and see Loki speaking with Steve, "All hostages have been released, Captain. Doesn't look like they had been experimented on yet." "That's good..hey Y/N who's that?," Steve asks and points behind you. You turn around confused and see someone with what looks like a gold glow behind them. You slowly walk closer to the person, "Hey! Were you held here? Do you need some help," you shout and ask the person.

"No..but you will," the figure moves their arms and the vehicles parked behind them levitate into the air and are hurled in your direction. Loki grabs you and teleports you away to a different area of the field. "Who the hell is that," he asks. "I- I don't know I feel like I know that voice," you stammer out. You lay eyes on the individual and try and enter their mind. Once you break the barrier you feel hatred and see images from your nightmare. You hear the bones snap and pull out of his mind staggering back, looking on in fear.

"Ethan," you whisper in shock. Ethan starts to make his way to you. He looks like he's floating, a blanket of golden energy wrapped around him. "Surprise baby did you miss me," he asks while hurling chunks of the earth at you. "Loki! Go!," you try and get him to leave. "No I am not leaving you. We will handle him together," he shouts back. You're too focused on trying not to get squished by Ethan. He seems to have telekinesis as you cannot sense magic.
"You left me there to die," he shouts angrily at you. "I didn't mean to! I had no control of myself back then I'm sorry," you try and apologize but that only seems to make him angrier. Steve and Bucky try and shoot him down but the bullets bounce off of his golden energy field. You assume that's how he's able to move. You know because of you his legs do not work. You meant to hurt him , not kill him so that's what you did that night. Paralyzed him from the waist down.

You feel a burn in your leg and feel it go numb and see that one of the bullets ricocheted and hit you in the thigh. You grip your leg as you start to feel the pain. Ethan sees you are down and hurls car at you and before you know it you're flung to the side and hit the ground. You look behind you and see the car roll a few times on it's side. You frantically look around and when see a figure laying on the ground you get up and crawl to it and see it's Loki.
Your lip starts trembling and soon your whole body is shaking violently. He's alive but he's hurt. Cap and Bucky run over and take Loki. "Y/N we are getting out of here you have to come with us," they try and tell you however you block them out. You forget about the pain in your leg and turn your head to Ethan. That bastard has a smug look on his face, "oh who was that? Was he precious to you? What a shame I was aiming for you," he taunts.
"I should've killed you," you grit through your teeth and start a sprint towards Ethan. You try and stop him but scream take hold of his mind before he can use it. You start to levitate and become eye level with Ethan. You watch as his body is paralyzed by your mind control yet gain. Your eyes are 100% black as you allow yourself to tap into the most vicious and violent part of your soul. Black tendrils start to form around Ethan neck and slowly tighten. You strangle him slowly, painfully slow, as you watch the life drain from him.
Once you're almost sure Ethan is a goner you cast a spell and light his body on fire and watch him burn. In less than a few minutes he is nothing but ash on the ground. You take a deep breath and center your mind and focus on happier thoughts. Loki. LOKI! You run back towards the jet but they've already left so you teleport to the tower. You run down the hall and see Thor, "where is he?," you ask. "The infirmary, Lady Y/N, but there's something wrong." "What?," you ask with tears in your eyes. "He doesn't remember much of the past few months. He may not remember who you are," Thor calmly explains while holding your shoulders. You pull yourself free and make your way to Loki's room. He looks fine but confused when he sees a woman who is filthy with looks on the verge of tears.
You bust into the room and grab his face, ignoring the fact he flinched, "Please, Loki. Please. Tell me you know me." You whimper as he tries to search his own mind but comes up with nothing. He pushes your hands away, "should I?," he gives a small look of disgust. You hear the door open, "Yes Loki yes please you should," you cry out as you feel strong arms wrap around you, "I love you Loki please don't...don't forget me, please. I'm so sorry. I love you I love you I love you..," you keep repeating to the God as you're carried out the room.