Chapter 19

You are awoken in the morning to your body shaking. You snap your eyes open and see Loki standing above you with a relived smile on his face, "Gods I thought you'd never wake up," he laughs. You sit up and rub the sleep out your eyes, "why would you think that?"

"Well I was knocking on your door for awhile to escort you to breakfast. After about 10 minutes with no answer I let myself in and saw you still in bed," he explains, "You're a heavy sleeper." "I sleep like the dead," you joke. "You're awake now. Here's a gown for when you get out the shower. Hurry, the warriors and Thor have probably eaten all the food by now," he urges. You quickly get into the shower and give yourself a quick wash. You wrap a towel around your body and one on your head. Loki sees you come out and turns around to give your privacy to change. "It's not like you haven't see me before," you giggle. "I don't remember it and I'm learning who you are again. And if we had first met you wouldn't be naked in front of me right away correct?," he says. "I guess you have a point," you say as you slip on the gown. "I'm dressed," you inform. You undo the towel from you hair and use your magic to dry it. "Perfect. Shall we then?," he offers his arm to you and you quickly accept.

As you and Loki walk down to the dining hall your insecure thoughts start to enter your mind. Sure you're on his arm, but are you thinking everything will be back to normal now. You want to be happy but you just feel so guilty doing so. You're scared to be hurt again, you don't want to be the person you were the other night. You were cold, you scared yourself with how you carried yourself.

You're shaken from your thoughts when you get to the door. Loki pushes it open and you see the hall is mostly empty. Only a few kitchen staff is running around trying to clean up. "Oh looks like we missed it. I'm sorry," you pout slightly. "Sorry?," he laughs. "We can eat whenever we want. I'll ask the kitchen to prepare something for us," he says. "What would you like," he asks with a smile. You. "Um w-what is there? Like is there a menu or something," you ask a little embarrassed. "They will literally make anything," he laughs at your not knowing. "Are peanut butter waffles a thing here," you ask as you feel your cheeks heat up. "I'll make them a thing if they're not," he smiles, "take a seat and the food will be out shortly," he assures you then walks to the kitchen.

You patiently wait for breakfast to be served. Last night you had never noticed now beautiful this room was. The ceilings were high with beautiful art work covering them. The room was fairly big. Big enough that your could hear the echo of footsteps coming your way. Rounding the corner was Loki followed by a couple members of the kitchen staff. He was holding two plates with waffles stacked high. One of the two kitchen staff had a stack of plates, the other had a platter with drinks on them. The two kitchen staff set their platters down and head back to the kitchen. Loki sets the plates of waffles in between the both of you. "That's a lot," you laugh. "I've worked up quite the appetite waiting for you this morning," he jokes as he sits and hands you an empty plate. You both take a waffle. You take your first bite and your close your eyes a moan in pleasure, "These are the best fucking waffles I've ever had." Loki laughs, "You've got a mouth on you don't you". He takes a bite and does the same think you did, "Shit. These are good." You mimic him, "YoU gOt A mOuTh On YoU dOn'T yOu." "You have no idea," he winks and continues to eat his waffle. You look down at your plate and let your hair cover your cheeks to hide your blush. You two are enjoying your food too much to make conversation. It's a comfortable silence between you two.

After a few waffles you lean back in your chair and hold your stomach, "Ugh I'm full. I think I'll be good until next week," you kid. "Likewise," Loki lets out a huff. You stand up and start to gather your plates. You stack the remaining waffles onto one and carry the dirty dishes in one hand. "What are you doing," he asks confused. "I'm cleaning the table," you cock an eyebrow. With a wave of his hand the table is clean of dishes and food. "Sometimes I forget we can do that," you say. He laughs, "I don't. I hate cleaning when I'm full so I always send my dishes to the sink in the kitchen." "So now that that's done," you begin, "did you have any plans for today?"
"My only plan was to spend the day with you doing whatever," he stand from the table and scoots his chair in. "Library? I haven't been there since I got here and I'm kind of supposed to be researching aren't I," you smile. "I'll take you there. We can both research. You, on your kind and me," he points to his head, "on a way that can help me with my memory". You smile and grab his offered arm and you both make your way down the hall. You feel his free hand gently lay on the one on top of his forearm.

You feel his cool hand rest on your warm one. The sensation send a wave of bliss through your body and gives you butterflies. You try to hide the smile threaten to spread across your face. "Don't hide it," he says kindly. "What," you look up at him with a genuine smile. "That," he looks down at you and smiles back. The look in his eyes is something you hadn't seen for awhile. It's similar to how he used to look at you before the accident. Tears try and prick you eyes but you blink them away. "You have lovely smile Y/N. Don't ever try to hide it from me," he says. You nod to him as he opens the door the the library for you. Loki can't help but quickly see how he came to care so much for you. You were so precious and so shy.

"Alright, Loki, where are the book about the sirens," you ask, taking in the massive collection of books. "Right this way, lovely," he places his hand on the small of your back and leads you to an area in the back of the library. "This section has the information about your kind. Help yourself to any of them. I'm going to find a book that may help me, then I'll be right back," he says as you grab a book from the shelf. You walk about 10 feet over and sit on a couch near the window and open the book. The book looks ancient, you're almost afraid you'll damage it. Loki comes back and takes a seat near you on the couch and gives you a smile before opening his book.

You read about the powers and abilities of your kind. The angelic singing and luring men into the ocean to their deaths. You cringe at the thought of your powers being used to kill innocent men. You then come across the name Rán. The Goddess of the Ocean. You come across a picture of her and you freeze.

You don't realize you are holding your breath until Loki speaks up, "are you alright?" "M-my mother," you quietly say. He takes the book from you and looks at the picture of Rán then looks back to you. "This is your mother," he asks. "I can see it,"He smiles. "I didn't know her by that name," you say quietly. You read further about how she disappeared out of thin air and was never heard from again. There's no mention of you or your father. "What name did you know her by," he finally asks. "Alice Y/L/N," you say.

"What happened to her," he closes his book and turns his full attention to you. "She passed away in a car accident when I was really young. My father told me she was a siren. He didn't tell me she was the Goddess of the Ocean. What does that make me?" You ask Loki. "A demigod," he replies. "Wow I mean that's cool but it doesn't change anything about me now. It's just so crazy reading all of this. How she used to be before she met my father," you look down and stroke her picture. "I, um, think I'm done in here Loki," you say softly and put the book away on the shelf. "As am I," he replies. "Come. I want to show you something," he innocently grabs your hand in his (fingers not intertwined) and walks you out the library.