mai x fem!reader • a secret

Word Count: 974

Thank you to @ShotoTaehyung for requesting!

"Are you excited about the Goodwill Event Maki?" you asked the taller girl as you both walked in Jujutsu Tech's forest. Maki was walking beside with her glasses off as she wiped the smudge off the lense. 

"Should I be?" she shrugged carelessly. You smirked but didn't press the matter further. You knew she was excited. 

She didn't get to fight with the other first years last year, which was only Okkotsu. To be fair you didn't get to either. They said it was a devastating win, how amusing. It was funny to greet Okkotsu back, him gripping the strap of the case of his sword so tightly, his knuckles were white as Gojo slapped the boy's back, congratulating him on his win. 

You silently walked with her, a comfortable silence. It was funny how each sister thought of the other. Neither spoke about each other but you knew better. They acknowledged the other greatly, to some extent or another. 

"Whatever you say."

•...•...•

"Shoko-san that's mean," you nagged as you slouched in one of the hospital chairs. The students had sustained multiple injuries from the day's fight. You even heard rumors that some groundskeepers were dead. But judging the way Gojo was seamlessly dodging each question, you wouldn't be getting clear answers to those questions. 

"You're fine. You didn't get hit in the face by a special grade curse," she rolled her eyes. "Now shoo."

You did sustain some injuries, albeit not from the fight against the curses.  You obviously weren't gonna get any relief here so you departed the infirmary. 

As you walked down the hall you ran into someone, knocking just a few feet. "Oi, watch where you're going."

"Oh yeah? Wanna try that again?"

The voice of a familiar person shook you away from your irritance. The slender figure had their arms crossed as they stared down at you, a dark mop of hair shielding some of their eyes. "Oh. It's you." Her silky voice was as unimpressive as ever. 

"Mai~" It wasn't that you were affectionate or anything, but it had been a good number of months since you've seen the girl. Enough to warrant a hug I suppose. "I haven't seen you in so long."

"You act like I have," she sighed, but returned the hug nonetheless. "By the way do you have anywhere to sit? I swear Kyoto had more benches that this place."

"We've only just met," you rolled your eyes. "Don't go insulting my school already. To answer your question we could just go back to my dorm."

"Why would you both need to go to your dorm?" 

Both you and Mai immediately departed from one another at the voice. Maki steps out of a room, her hands in her sweatpant pockets, an oversized shirt somehow finding a way to cling to her toned arms. She had bandages wrapped around her head, her glasses nowhere on her face.

"Ah Maki," you scratched the back of your head sheepishly. Shit. "No reason."

"Really?" she raised a brow, her tone unconvinced. 

"Ugh. You always make things more difficult than it really is," Mai huffed. "I was just telling her how annoying it was for me since I didn't bring any hair spray. A Tokyo has proven to be quite humid today." The two twins were standing in front of each other now, Mai's head slightly more inclined, daring her sister to refute back. 

"I see," Maki clicked her tongue. "Well I shouldn't keep you two waiting then." She turned around walking away, raising a single hand in departure. 

•...•...•

"That was so close," you sighed as you showed your girlfriend to your bedroom, hand in hand. 

"You're a horrible liar," Mai pointed out. "I guess that's nice to know."

"And why's that?" you glared at her. 

She only shrugged. "Future reference, y'know?" When you both entered the room, you flopped on the bed. You glanced at the clock. Just two more hours until that meeting Gojo told you all about. 

"Did you actually need hairspray? You could some in the bathroom if you want," you pointed to a door in the corner. 

"Y/N," Mai said. "It's the middle of fucking August. We're lucky if we get rain at all."

You froze for a second before laughing. "I guess you're right. It's hotter in Kyoto right?"

"Mournfully so. But I'm used to it," Mai shrugged. "Besides, I think I'm passed do something."

Without wasting any time she grabs the front of your shirt and brought you closer, allowing her to place a kiss on your lips. You were a little surprised by her forwardness, but welcomed the gesture nonetheless, bringing your own arms to her shoulders to bring her closer. 

"Oi open up. Satoru said something about a meeting." A knock came from the door. Like cats exposed to water, you both scampered away from each other, the only evidence of your past actions were the redness of your faces. 

You trudged open the door to find Maki with her hair up, bandages missing from her head. "Maki?"

"Hello my dear friend Y/N," she said as she welcomed herself in the room, wrinkling her nose at the sight of her sister on your bed. 

"I thought Gojo-sensei said the meeting was in two hours," you sighed as you closed your door. You couldn't figure a discreet way to kick her out without being suspicious. 

"Plans change," Maki shrugged. "They handled the situation pretty quickly." After her words there was an awkward silence in the room. "Well then. I just came to tell you guys since you have five minutes to get there."

Mai had stretched herself on the bed after her sister left. "You know one thing that hasn't changed about my sister?" She asks as you turn around to face her again. 

"What's that?"

"She always finds a way to ruin everything."