nobara x gn!reader • bad days

Word Count: 827

Thank you to @RhedTigre623 for requesting!

It took you all but two seconds to realize what a shitty day it must have been for your dear girlfriend, the moment you stepped into your shared apartment. If the roughly discarded shoes was enough of an indicator into the mind of Kugisaki Nobara, the figure of her cocooned in her sad blanket was the besetting factor.

You gave a quiet sigh as you set your own things down before moving on to stack up on the supplies necessary.

You stepped outside for a second looking into the night sky. The air was wispy and crisp with the sounds of zooming cars below. The true sounds of Tokyo. But you did not have time to relish in such ambiances when your girlfriend was in much need of your presence.

 You took a turn to your left, a mere five steps and knocked on the door. As you waited for the recipient to answer the door, you pressed the tips of your fingers to the pads of your thumbs, fidgeting. At this hour in the night you'd hope it would be the recipient that you wanted instead of a certain grumpy ravenette. Thankfully when the door did open to reveal the person behind, tufts of pink came into your field of vision.

"Y/N?" The voice of Itadori echoed through the night, with a high lilt to the end of the question. "The fuck are you doing?"

"Damn. I really thought you were gonna be nicer than Gumi," you sighed as you shifted your weight to the other foot, not because you were uncomfortable dear reader, but because of the sudden onset of a cramp from your friend Itadori taking his damn ass time.

"I need the bowl," your voice moved from being carefree to being serious. 

Itadori moved from his leaning position to squaring his shoulders, as if the biggest curse he's ever set eyes on was in front of him. "The bowl?"

You nodded your head grimly. "The bowl."

Both stared at each other for awhile longer before simultaneously nodding. He uncrossed his arms as he departed from the doorway, appearing once more with the bowl.

It was the bowl that your parents of your parent's parents use to carry halloween candy for kids to use with the patio lamp light on. The silver of the metal gleaming enticingly, coaxing children to your doorstep. Or maybe it was just the gleaming wrappers of Yorks, MilkyWay, and Twix. Anyways, let's just say the bowl was really fucking big.

"Good luck," Itadori said, his voice leveled. 

"Thanks," you said as he handed you the bowl. When you turned around you could almost feel the war paint etched into your skin. Just kidding. On to helping your girlfriend.

You walked to the cupboard at the far end of your kitchen and proceeded to to use your arm to scrape all the snacks into that giant bowl of yours. All the comfort food our dear Nobara could like. Chocolates, chips, and ice-cream. On the way to your shared room of course were the face masks and lotions. 

"Babe?" Your voice was calm as you approached the mound in the middle of your bed. Nobara merely grumbled as she turned to face you, her orange hair sticking up in places where normally she would never be caught dead in. 

She had cocooned herself with the single blanket of your bed, something surely not better than the fluffy comforter that you had in your arms. 

Like a second skill, you calmly, but firmly unwrapped your blanket from your unhappy girlfriend, much to her dismay, only to allow the much more comfier one flutter over her exhausted body.

"Better now?" you hummed as you had her situated over your chest, her head resting comfortably between your arms. 

"Maybe," she mumbled but you knew better. It took but a single gleam from her eyes to tell you.

"If you're looking so ok maybe I should go put the chocolates and face creams away," you teasingly shifted yourself to roll her off your body. But of course the girl refused, only holding on tighter. 

"'M just kidding!" she grumbled, only further burying her head into your chest. "'Feels good."

You smirked as you laid an assuring hand above her head. "I know it does."

You knew your girlfriend was an interesting person. Who wished for silence yet found it unsettling at the same time. It was always hard to tell exactly what she wanted since she was her own paradox, but she was also someone whom wore her heart on a sleeve.

"When you're feeling up to it maybe we'll ravage the comfort bowl later," you hummed after a few minutes of soft mindless rambling. Today that appeared to be the fine line that Nobara needed. 

"'Mk," she hummed, her eyelashes long fluttered shut. "Right now just stay."

You continued to trace small circles on her back, never ceasing the sound of your voice until she was lulled to sleep. "Whatever you want."

Author's Note:

Ahaha so I'm back! I just got my laptop back so I can optimally start updating again. Though please heed, I am a very busy person and student, so updates will still be infrequent. 

Some changes as I'm back: I will not be opening up the matchups as that doesn't seem realistic anymore. I put the requestor's info in the text so that other people may relate to it too so by now I should've gotten to practically everyone. 

I also don't think I will be opening up requests. I'm considering to finish the ones given but to be honest I'm not satisfied with my writing when it comes to requests. My ideas come best when they suddenly come to me, not when I force it. That being said, I'm really 50/50 with doing requests at this point.

Anyways, I'm not gonna stop you from making requests if you really want to, and I do read all your comments but unless I have some amazing idea for your request I most likely won't be doing it. 

If I do your request from here on out it'll probably be shorter if that's ok? Like headcanon format. It's only if you really want it. Idk I always feel bad for writing so little...