chapter 1

I am usually not sent for stuff like this, but this man had escaped Ramirez the past 5 times. I must say, that was quite brave and smart of him. With my work done at the bar, i get back on my bike and race off to my 'house'.

It is a two bedroom broken apartment, though a bit small, but i have my own personal room so not complaining. Besides its generally only me in the house. 'Mother' is mostly at the bar or club. When she is home, she is either drunk, asleep or hungover, so it hardly matters. I could buy a better house with all the money that i have won in street fights, but i dont want to leave her alone. Believe it or not, even though she has been a shitty mother, and has basically brought my doom with her, she is the only family i have, well as far as i know, and that's why i cant help but care, not love, just care.

Anyways, the house is empty, like always. I head to my room, which does not have much. A single bed, a table and chair, and a closet. The walls are plain white, except one on which i have painted this (painting above). There is just one picture in the entire room, that is of me and Ethan in the park with ice cream smeared all over our hands and faces. Ethan's hand is around me and i genuinely look happy, something that happens once in a blue moon.

After a shower, i go to the kitchen and reheat the frozen pizza. If there's one thing you should know about me, is that i cant. cook. Like at all. I tried once, under Ethan's supervision, but all he was able to do was prevent the curtains from catching fire.

Yeah, i am like hopeless in the kitchen. So i basically survive on  fast food, frozen food, water and air.

You might ask who Ethan is.

He is my best friend, also the only friend. I met him when i was 10, bruised and bleeding on the sidewalk of a park. His parents took care of me, and i told them everything. Initially, they insisted on going to the police, but i was able to convince them not to. It is was not like the police could do anything. From then on, i would always go there to play with Ethan. In fact, some could say that i even lived there. Big mistake.

____________________________________

Weakness. Something that can ruin all your hardwork, your life, your happiness. Basically ruin you. It can break all the walls of strength and indifference that you put up brick by brick. It gives another person the ropes to move you like a puppet on their will.

I learned it the hard way. Ethan and his family became my only weakness. In the beginning, my 'mother' was also used against me, but i grew tired of waiting for the day she would stop her drinking ways and somehow, save us from this hell. My love for her reduced to non existent, and my faith in her for a miracle got destroyed.

That is when they searched for a new rope, something to use against their best weapon so that they didn't loose it. Something to keep me here forever. The Grastians.

They were amazing people. Kind and sweet. A beautiful family of three, expecting a daughter when i crashed into their lives and demolished everything. To get to me, Ramirez caused an accident when Mrs. Grastian, Martha was coming home from grocery shopping. Because of that they lost their daughter. Because of me they lost their beautiful baby.

Did they hate me? No
Did they try to remove me from their lives? No

As i said, they are the kindest and nicest people out there. They cried  and wailed and mourned, but never blamed me. They knew that i was incapable of doing anything, that i was tied up in imaginary chains created by Ramirez. So they decided to stick with me, to protect me.

I yelled and shouted and argued with them to go away from me, that it was not safe here, and that i only brought destruction with me. I told them i was bad luck. It just resulted in Ethan hugging me for 2 hours straight and promising me to never leave me in this life, or the rest to come.

Why are people soo foolish??!!...they had the chance, they could get away. But they became even closer with me. Ethan is my best-est friend ever, while Martha and Nathaniel are like the parents i never had. They are my source of strength, and so my only weakness.

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!