chapter 39

Leander's POV

"And that is why, she is going to be perfectly fine. A simple stab cannot take her down." Dad finished, after he had calmed down.

"Besides, she has our blood in her veins, you don't need to worry about her." Dad chuckled trying to lighten the room. I smiled, he was right.

She was strong, she had our blood running through her, she had survived so much. I trusted her, i had faith in her bravery, she will be alright. 

"Okay, how about now you all get your wounds treated? I think Taylor will take some time." Dad suggested. Everyone agreed without a question, and dispersed, while i sat there with dad. Another thought struck me, and i turned to dad.

"I just need to make a call." I informed him, before walking outside. 

I returned 20 minutes later, to find most of my brothers already there. Dad, Able, Alvaro had coffee in their hands, while Anthony was drinking a smoothie. Alexandre and Apollo had not returned yet. I sat down, and Anthony handed me my cup of coffee. I took a sip, and sighed in contentment. Espresso, exactly what i wanted.

Suddenly, Alvaro gasped loudly. I raised my head, and saw him spotting a panicked look.

"Xerxes" he muttered, and all of us shared the same panic now. If anything happens to him, i would prefer being buried in our own garden, please. 

"Anthony and Alvaro, you are coming with me." i quickly got up from my seat. "Tell us if anything, anything at all happens, yeah?" I said, turning to Abel. He nodded, and i left, with the two on tow. 

We reached the mansion, and i saw the maids and servants already cleaning the damage caused by the fight.

"You both look for Xerxes, i have some mafia work to do." I told Anthony and Alvaro, before going to my office, which had been turned upside down. I will murder that bastard.

I called my top men, and sat down, spinning rounds in my chair. What? That was the sole pupose of buying a spinning chair,

'Whoosh' I thought, pushing my legs to the ground to make the chair spin another circle. I heard footstep, and quickly came to a halt, sitting straighter, with a serious look on my face, like i was not just spinning around like a child. If they saw their boss behaving like a child, they would probably kill me, thinking i am an imposter.

"Come in." I said after hearing the knock.

I pointed at the seats in front of me, and took out the map on which Taylor had marked out the places. Taylor. I felt my heart racing in nervousness.

'Don't worry, dad said nothing will happen to her. Besides, Alfonio is there, he will handle everything.' I calmed myself.

"Uh, boss?" I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, these are all the important locations of the Cironio mafia. This, is were they keep the women and children for trafficking. Retrieve everyone there, find their familes. If you are unable to do so, get them a job and a house there, otherwise bring them here, i'll figure it out. They are our top priorities. After that, go to the main building and take all the weapons. Oh and do not forget to transfer all of Ramirez's properties and money to us, kay?" I explained to them. They nodded in agreement.

"You will set off today only. Any problems, call me." They nodded, but before i could dismiss them, Alvaro and Anthony came in, panting.

"We have" Alvaro breathed out "Looked" He took another deep breathe. "Everywhere." They both said simultaneously. 

"He is no where to be found." Anthony said dejectedly. We are all dying tonight, jolly.

"Boss, who are you looking for? We could help. We have a record for everyone in the mafia."  One of my men volunteered, while others nodded. 

"You are right, more hands are better. A white, 2 month old, Siberian husky. He can be anywhere. Find him." I ordered. They looked at me gobsmacked. 

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing boss, umm, we just thought that you were looking for, you know, humans? I thought he was someone who had stolen something from you." He replied.

"Oh, trust me, nothing can get worse than this." Anthony sighed dramatically, putting his hand on his forehead and falling to the ground.

"If we do not find him, she will- she will burn our body, and then murder us." He gasped. 

"Which is why, everyone needs to search, got it? Let's go." I walked out of the room, and went to her room. Where could she have possibly hidden him? I thought as i sat down on her be and observed her room, which seemed like a hurricane had hit. She would want him to be safe, and a place where Ramirez will not be able to find him. As i was about to go out of the room, I heard whimpering and scratching. So he is in here. I immediately checked the bathroom, and then the closet. 

There he was, with his food bowl untouched, and water spilled. He immediately ran around me and searched the room, looking for Tay. 

"Come on lad, we will get you to her, don't worry." I picked him up and carried him inside the car, calling out the names of the other two so that they could get in the car as well.

We drove in silence, Xerxes whining filling in. When we reached the hospital, he immediately jumped out of my arms and ran towards Abel, who picked him up and sat him on his lap. Okay, i am not that bad.

Alfonio came in the room, and everyone stiffened with nerves. I observed that while Apollo was back, Alexandre was nowhere to be found. Hmm.

"She is fine" We all released our breathes at the same time.

"The blood loss was a lot, and we had to put her on drip. Otherwise everything is fine. However, her body needed rest, so we have given her sedatives, meaning she will be asleep for the next 24 hours." He explained. 

She is fine. She is fine. This statement echoed in my head, and i could practically get up and do the Irish dance singing to hallelujah. Yeah, i was that happy, but it will be weird, right?

We all went in her room, to find her sleeping like Alfonio had said, but she looked very pale. Oh my poor baby sister. Xerxes moved from Abel's hands and ran to her bed, where he started to scratch her bedpost. I realised what he wanted, and lifted him on to the bed. 

He climbed over her, licking her face as if trying to wake her up. When she didn't, he whined and nudged her face with great difficulty. After struggling for sometime, he settled on her neck and started...sniffling? 

It looked like he was crying,  and it almost broke my cold heart. After he fell asleep, i moved towards the sleeping beauty, and brushed her hair, giving her a kiss on her forehead, and then leaving the room, slowly closing the door behind me. 

Taylor's POV   (Surprises Bitches)

I wanted to wake up, to torture that fucking bastard, but it seemed like my eyelids had been forced shut. This has never happened. Every time i fell unconscious due to blood loss, i would wake up the next day with the wound stitched up, but new bruises adorning my flesh as Ramirez hit me for fainting. Why were they forcing me to sleep?

I felt something wet and cold on my face, and internally scrunched my face. It was soon replaced with nudges. Oh for god's sake, whoever it is, i CANNOT open my eyes. I was cold for awhile, and i thought that person had left, but something furry and warm cuddled to my neck. 

Wait-furry? Oh my baby Xerxes. I tried opening my eyes with even more strength to see my baby, but to no avail. I started getting tired, and decided to rest for today. I will try tomorrow. 

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!

AN; Hi, i am BACK!! Boring chapter i knoww, but ENJOY!!

And comment what you think of Anthony here --->

Ps. HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO ALL MY READERS!! 

Ps. IT IS MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!