chapter 5

"Okay....before that remember Tay i did NOT agree to it, and that this can be changed. Dad got an invite from a huge hospital. The salary is much better, and mom will also get a job in the same hospital. Its just that...its...ugggh...its in New York." Ethan sputtered out. I just look at him in shock.

Can you imagine fate has brought him there with me? I...i cant believe it. He is going to New York wit-with me. I wont have to leave my best friend here, and be alone there. Thank you God...thats literally the only nice thing you have done in my life so thank you so much.

Ethan thought i was shocked at the fact that he was leaving me. "I knew this was a bad idea. I will go tell dad to reject the offer. Love, i have promised you i will never leave you. You will always have me, you will always have us. Don't worry at-"

"If you could please do the honours of shutting up?" I say with a raised eyebrow, a smile forming on my face. "Please dont be sad, i am not goin-" "I am also going to New York." "-g anywhere. I will be right he-  wait wait wait. Hold up. Rewind. What did you say?"  I then tell him the entire story. "And tomorrow i will be 'escorted' to New York." I finish.

There was a pregnant pause.

"So let me get this straight. Your mother died in a car accident, you found out that you have five brothers, your father has been missing, your eldest brother who is also you guardian agreed to take you in, Ramirez was eager for you to go, a driver will come tomorrow to pick you up, take you to the airport, where you will board a private filght to New York, did i miss anything?" "Nope. Thats all."

Ethan just sat there staring at me. "I don't know how to react. Okay lets start off with this-" he hugged me tightly "- even though she was a shitty mother, i know you cared. Uh uh uh don't try to deny it, you know i can see through any of your lies." He said when i tried to protest. 

Ethan has always caught all my lies. He held me for sometime, while i buried my head in the crook of his neck. I have always loved his hugs.

I, of course couldn't bring myself to cry, since i never loved the woman. It was just that the last hope i had of one day receiving some love and concern from her died. And right now, i finally accepted it.

"Okay now about your brothers, i know you will not trust them from the start, hell even i wont, and that is why i am not asking you to do so. However, what i am asking you to do is not assume straight away that they are bad for you. Can you do that for me?" He asked. 

I nodded. Trusting them will take a hell lot of time, he and i both knew that, and i am glad he didn't ask me for that. But i can start off with a neutral opinion about them. 

"And about Ramirez, we will just have to wait and see. Since this is your last day here, you WILL spend it with us. No questions. We will go to your favourite restaurant, and have a time of our lives." 

He then took both my hands and said," I cant believe we both are going to New York." 

We both let that sink in and then together shouted " We are going to New York." 

Ethan started dancing, while i laughed watching him. "I got to tell this to mom and dad." He took out his phone and called them. 

"Ethan, there is no need, they are at work. Tell them when they come back." He shushed me by putting his finger on my lips. 

"Mom, dad, TAY IS GOING TO NEW YORK AS WELL." He all but shouted. "Come home fast I'll tell you." He then cut the call and threw me over his shoulder. "Ethan what are you doing? Put me down this instant." "We need to get your stuff packed." He replied.

"I can walk."
''But why should you when you have me?"
"Umm i don't know, maybe because thats the whole purpose of legs?"
"Here, happy now?"
He placed me in the car and turned towards me, smirking.
"Very, thank you so much" i say and stick out my tongue at him.
He just grins and starts driving to my place.
"Wait, when are you guys going there?"i ask
"We got two weeks to sort everything out here and then leave."
"14 days without you, a boon."
"Ha, we both know you will miss me terribly."
"No i wont."
"Keep lying sweetheart. Welp, we are here." He parked the car in front of my house and we both got out.
"Okay how are we doing this?" He asked.
"You gather the stuff from the living room and bathroom, while i handle my room, fine?"
"Aye aye captain. Lets go."
And with that we spend the next 3 hours messing around, packing and talking. Finally it was done. We load the stuff in his car, since i will be staying at the Grastians place tonight. Not going to lie, i will miss this place,i think as we drive back to Ethan's house.

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!