chapter 6

True to his word, Ethan and i had a lot of fun yesterday. We, along with Martha and Nathan ate at my favourite restaurant, then had a movie marathon, and basically reminisced the old times (i sound old). 

Martha and Nathan were pretty relieved when they heard that i was also going to New York, because they wouldn't have to leave me here alone with Ramirez.

I woke up around 5 in the morning (it has actually become my habit to wake up this early) on the edge of my bed (yes i have my own room here) with Ethan spooning me from behind. 

I tried getting up but that idiot pulled me back and murmured a barely audible 'let me sleep.' 

"Ethann no one's  stopping you from sleeping, but let me get up." 

"Nope" he replied with a smirk. 

"What do you mean nOPe? Yes, i do have to get up."

"Noooo, its way too early go back to sleep." He whined, like a child, may i add. I sighed, giving up. 

"Finee", i say, letting sleep engulf me.

I woke up, this time around 8 am. Ethan was already up, and probably in the shower. I wait for him to get out before i enter and do my basic routine. I then get dressed in a white cardigan over a black tee, jeans and sneakers. Today is the day i meet the biologicals.

I head downstairs to the kitchen and find Nate cooking waffles. They are my favourite. 

"Morning Nate. Those are for me right?" I ask as i sit down next to Martha at the table. 

"Yup, two waffles coming right up" he says. Ethan sat opposite to me, munching on his pancakes. 

I was about to dig in when a ringing echoed through the room. "Thats probably mine" Martha says, and picks up the phone with a slight frown on her face.
"Yes this is, who am i speaking to." 

"Please let me ask her" she covers the phone with her hand and turns towards me 

"Do you know a Leander Vianarco? He claims to be your guardian." 

"Yeah" i reply, confused as to how he got her number, and why he is calling her. 

"Put it on speaker" Ethan says. 

"Well, i had no way to contact Taylor, and Tom only had our mother's number. So he gave me yours saying that Taylor is close to you. Can i get her contact details please." Came Leander's voice from the other side, not cold, but void of any emotion. 

"She is actually right here. I can give her the phone if you like." Martha replied. 

"That will be great."

"Leander" i greeted him, voice emotionless like his. 

"Taylor" came his acknowledgement, "Can you please tell me your address so the driver can reach you?" 

"Yes it is XXX." 

"And i assume this is not your house?" 

"Your assumption will be correct." Ethan laughed at my professional tone. 

"Alright, the driver will be there in an hour" with that he cut the call. 

After breakfast, i had to go to the central mafia building since some of my stuff was there as well.

Ethan of course wanted to come along, but did i let him? No.

I park my bike near the building and look at the huge structure in front of me for probably, hopefully the last time. 

The central building is where most of the mafia men live. If anything happens, it is easier to contact them. The weapons are kept in here, as well as in the numerous warehouses. 

Walking in my room, i quickly pack all the weapons that i have here, and get out as fast as i can, since this room does not necessarily bring back the best memories. 

While crossing the meeting room, i faintly hear Ramirez saying, "We give them one week, then we take what is ours." 

I pay no heed to it, as i am after all, leaving. Ramirez spotted me and smiled, he SMILED. 

Something is up. And by the looks of it, that something is pretty bad. 

"Ahh Taylor, i heard bout Sam. Such unfortunate event. Your brother took ya in i heard. Hmm enjoy ya life then. See ya later."

EnJoY yA lIFe?!! Like he didnt cause permanent scars!! I huff and load the stuff on my bike and race off.

Upon reaching the Grastians, i see a black shiny car infront of the house. 

'That's probably for me' i think and park my bike in the driveway. 

Nathan said that he will send me the bike once i reached the States. A man got out of the driver seat and turned towards me," Ms Taylor Vianarco?" 

"No, Taylor Vázqueto." He nodded and tried taking the weapon bag, but i pulled it away. 

Just then, Ethan came out of the house, my duffel bag over his shoulder, and handed it to the driver. He then took my bag and put it in the backseat. 

Martha and Nathan came out, dragging my suitcase. Martha came over and hugged me tight. 

"Stay safe. Don't get in trouble for the next two weeks. If anything happens, anything at all, you WILL call me. Got it?" 

"Yes mother" i smile at her concern. I will only be away for 14 days, and agreed that i am not the best behaved person in the world, will probably get in a couple of fights in that duration, but she is panicking like i am moving to Antarctica. 

Loving the faith she has in me.

Nathan also hugged me, and told me to not worry about what Martha said, and do whatever i like. This caused his ear to be pulled hard by Martha, who also scolded him for teaching me wrong stuff.

And finally Ethan. He hugged me so tight i thought he will merge my lungs, spinal cord and ribcage together. But i probably hugged him just as hard so.

"Call me everyday. If anyone troubles you, tell me, i will break their nose. And ill miss you love. Take care." 

"Miff you two" came my muffled response from his chest. 

"I'll get going yeah? See you three in 2 weeks." I pull back from Ethan and get inside the car. 

New York, here i come.

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!