chapter 38

TW; Whipping, blood, torture, mention of human trafficking

_

_

_

Leander's POV

"No no no no" Alfonio muttered frantically. He quickly looked around for something, and when he didn't find it, he removed his shirt and pressed it on Tay's stab wound.

"Let's just hope it is not infected." He muttered as he moved her hands and legs to check for any other visible injury. Thank god there weren't any other deep wounds.

"Everyone get in the cars. I'll carry her. Alfonio, drive us to your clinic. Alexandre, drop Charlotte at the mafia house, and pick up dad before coming to the hospital. You four" i pointed at the triplets and Estian "Take one car. Anthony, Alfonio and i will take another. Go go go." i shouted, as i knelt beside Tay and lifted her in my arms. She was so light. 

I rushed inside the car, and laid Taylor in the backseat, before sitting down myself and gently lifting her head onto my lap. I made sure that no pressure was on her shoulder, after which, i gently brushed my fingers through her hair. It was very soft. After Anthony entered, Alfonio drove to his clinic.

"You are gonna be ok" I whispered against the sleeping beauty's forehead, pressing a kiss there.

"Your big brothers are not gonna let anything happen to you." I reassured her. Or maybe i was reassuring myself.

"Can you fucking drive faster." i yelled at Alfonio.

"We are in New York Leander, YOU KNOW ABOUT THE TRAFFIC." He snapped back.

"Both of you calm down, she is going to be okay. Dad will himself bring her back from de-" Anthony tried to pacify our anger, but with wrong words.

"Do not fucking complete that sentence." I growled, clutching my sister closer. I had just got her back, and she was not leaving already.

"He is right. Let's calm down." Alfonio took a deep breath. "It is just a shoulder wound, she is not dy- leaving. Got it? Leander, don't squeeze the life out of- " I gave him a warning glare. "ugh i hate the english language. Don't hug her so tightly." He sighed.

I loosened my grip on her, but tightened it again when Alfonio took a sharp turn, and she almost fell off the seat.

"Alfonio." I scolded him, making sure that Tay was comfortable.

"Do you want me to drive faster, or more carefully?" He retorted back, increasing the speed.

I sighed. There was no point in fighting with my brothers. And she is an assassin, that too the best after Alexandre, she has survived worse wounds. She is a fighter.

She has survived worse wounds. When i thought back, my heart clenched in sadness and pain, because she had to face worse injuries.

"How far is the fucking clinic." I muttered.

"We are here." Alfonio announced, hastily parking the car and jumping out, rushing inside to get all the things ready. I followed him, rushing in. From the corner of my eyes, i saw Estian jump out out of a moving car, not waiting for Abel to park the car.

Alfonio took Tay from me, and rushed in the Emergency Room. I sat down on the chair right outside with my head resting on my hands, and Estian sat beside me. Couple seconds later, the triplets and Anthony joined us, and took the seats in front of us. For the first ten minutes, no one spoke. Everyone was just processing what had happened in the past 24 hours. That is when Alexandre arrived with dad. They sat down beside me, and dad put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see him smiling down at me, before pulling me in a hug. 

I needed that.

"What happened?" He finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Stab wound on shoulder led to excess blood loss and she lost conscious." Explained Anthony. 

"She will be fine." Dad sighed out in relief.

"How are you so sure?" I furrowed my brows.

"In the two years that i was there son, i saw glimpses of her strength." He then sighed. 

"Let me tell you all an incident. I had been taken away, and had been there for about a month. I was not being given food, tortured every hour in hopes that i would spill something. Whips, electrocution, watching innocents getting hurt, more or less everything. But every single day, a girl would come in my cell at night, and give me food. Sometimes she would even come in the day, but although i ate the food, i never paid any attention to her. All i could think of was you guys. How you would manage the mafia and the family, how Anthony would handle his younger brothers, if Alexandre could control his emotions. By the way that girl behaved, i knew that Ramirez did not know of her deeds. I realised that she was probably the only person in that place who would support me in escaping so i decided to talk to her. I told her about you guys, and while she pretended to not be interested, i knew she heard every single word of mine with a sense of longing. I asked her why she was helping me, and all she would reply was with 'You and your mafia are my only hope.' When i asked her if Ramirez hurt her, and if she wanted to escape with me. She would shake her head, and with a small smile, explain that she wanted to save the innocents captured in human trafficking. I learnt that she would give away her entire food to me since i needed it more. She clarified that the security cameras were not working when she visited, since she always hacked them before coming. Soon reality hit me like a brick, and i realised who she was. From then on, i never let her give me all her food. We would divide it in two, and she thought i didn't know that she would give me a bigger portion." He chuckled at the memory.

"One night, she did not come. I heard the securities discussing about someone called Bellona, who was being tortured by Ramirez. A part of me knew that something was wrong." Dad took a deep breathe before continuing, while my heart squeezed in pain. He continued.

"At 3 am in the morning, i woke up to screams of pure terror and pain. I caught a few words of the guards who were talking with fear on their faces. They said that this was the first time they ever heard Bellona scream in pain. They said that she had gotten numb to all torture. They said that her yelling in agony meant that the torment was worse than death." Tears slipped down his eyes but he did not stop.

"Next day as well, that girl did not come. Neither did she come the next day. Or the day after. One week later, i saw her again, limping and hissing in pain, but still meeting me to give me food. 'I am sorry, you must have been starved this entire week.' That was the first thing she said, dropping to the floor in pain. When i asked her where she had been, and how had she got hurt, she of course brushed me off, saying it was nothing. But after i persisted, she- she replied." Dad stuttered, his voice heavy of tear. 

"She had been caught giving me food, and was punished for that. That is when i knew that she was Bellona. The punishment- the punishment was being whipped. She was whipped till she passed out, maybe even more. Sh-she said that-that she had counted to fifty six, but was in too much pain to count further. She had been unconscious for the entire next day." He cried out. 

"Because of me, she was tormented so, so badly. When i told her that, shared my guilt, she slapped me with the remaining strength, and whispered to me to never say that again." He was wailing by then. Looking at others reactions, i saw Alexandre's hands in a fist, his nails digging in his palm, blood dripping down to the floor. Anthony and Alvaro were crying, while Apollo was looking up at the ceiling to stop his tears. Estian was sitting down on the ground, shaking, with his head burrowed in his hand. Abel was punching the wall, while I, I was staring at the ground, promising hell to that bastard, promising protection and care to Taylor, and promising blood to the monster inside me who was yearning for revenge for his baby sister. 

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!

AN; Dark chapter, but the boys (and you all) will finally understand a bit of her pain. ENJOY!!

I NEED CREATIVE IDEAS on how to torture Ramirez, so comment them here-->

Ps, i am amazing for that fast of an update, anyway I am feeling extra nice today so

LOVE YAH

MUAH <3 <3 <3