Secrets Unraveling (Part 2)

Hey guys, 

Long time no see, and as always, I'm sorry for being MIA. 

Before you start reading I'd like to share something with all my readers. As I was working on this chapter I realized something... that the love story of Klaus and Quinn is about to reach its ending. I have been hoping to finish this book so I can take the time recover but then I realized another thing. There are a few things I want to cover before I close this book and two chapters is not going to cover all of it. So I might add an extra chapter so it doesn't feel so rushed or too under dramatic. 

Anyway, thank you to all my readers for supporting my book and have been waiting patiently for this chapter. I know you all have been waiting to know the secret Quinn is keeping so I won't keep you waiting any longer. 

I hope you guys enjoy this. 

Until next time 

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Third Person's POV

"So, how are you going to torture me today, Nik?" Quinn smirks weakly, knowing Klaus won't be able to hurt her without hurting himself. "Are you going to burn me with vervain or under the sun again? Either way, it's gonna hurt you more than it'll hurt me." She laughs raspily.

Klaus is solemn as he looks at her from his squatting position. "You're right. This hurts me more than it hurts you, but at least I feel something." She scoffs and rolls her eyes and turns her head away from him.

"You think being a vampire without humanity makes you strong but you're really just weak." He chides and she turns to him with an intense look. He stares at her sharply and she swallows nervously as though afraid he'll see into her soul. "You can't keep avoiding it forever, Quinn, sooner or later the truth will catch up to you."

It's a gentle warning but the look in his eyes chills her to the bones and Quinn shivers with fear in her eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about." Her voice comes out weak as she tries to maintain eye contact with him. "Yes, you do, Sweetheart. It's buried in your memories somewhere. You just need to open that door." He tells her.

Quinn closes her eyes in annoyance then glares at him. "What, the door you hope to find the old me still exists, hoping she's still foolishly in love with you? Well she doesn't!" She raises her voice, the words hurt him like a thorn. "There is nothing left of the girl you remember. She is dead and you killed her."

Klaus winces at her accusation spoken from the heavy truth he cannot rebuke. "You're right, I killed her." He speaks quietly with a subtle nod after a long moment of silence.

It took him years to finally admit he killed the love of his life by killing the human side of her just to keep her alive. Had he not forced her to complete her transition all those years ago she wouldn't have lost her way now. He had convinced himself it was the only way to save her but it wasn't the case at all.

The only explanation he can give her was simply because he loved her too much to lose her.

But none of that matters to her anymore.

"Everything is my fault. You didn't choose this life, I chose it for you. I made you a promise I couldn't keep. I left you all alone when you needed me the most, and I never stopped disappointing you. All of this is my fault. You have every right to hate me, and I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. If you let me."

Klaus looks at her with sincerity and apologetically for all the mistakes he's made in their relationship. Quinn is momentarily surprised when she scoffs at him. "Keep telling yourself you're a changed man but..." She shakes her head to express her disappointment. "Love doesn't define who you are, Nik, your family does."