Run or Stay

Quinn's POV

Josh accompanied me to St James Infirmary where I allowed myself to be consumed with the sound of music, I played two songs all with the same melody; sad and depressing. I played Broken Wings as my last song before I finishing up for the morning.

After I was done, Josh started clapping loudly. "Wow, that was amazing-- but couldn't you have played something more... fun and upbeat-- you know more happier?" He suggested.

I smiled tirelessly. "A musician's music note reflects on how they feel, just like holding a paintbrush." I told him.

He nod to understand. "I've been through breakups before, so I know how you feel, but life will get better as time goes on, you just have to keep yourself strong."

I force a smile at his comfort. "Somehow I doubt that, considering we're living in a supernatural world-- I'd put a question mark beside that."

"Right." He agreed.

"But you're not wrong, life does get better." I try to think positive for myself. "I just have to fight for it." I said in a whisper.

After a moment of silence I snap back to reality. "Let's go."

I grab my bag and we head out to the door but stopped when Nik and Cami walked in. My heart tighten at the sight of them laughing as they walked in.

Their voice cut off when they saw me, the atmosphere immediately became awkward as well as unbearable, I couldn't rip my eyes away from the two.

I gaze longingly at Nik, my heart beating like crazy. It's been so long since I've been able to see him. "Nik..." I whispered.

"Quinn, fancy seeing you here?" Cami spoke up, telling me not to forget that she's also in the room.

"Well, she has been in here playing here for the past few months, so.." Josh explained.

Cami looked over my shoulder to the piano. "Oh, you play?" She asked.

I had to rip my eyes from Nik's to answer her. "... A little." I responded before looking back to stare at him, wishing for him to speak so that I could hear his voice.

"It's been a while." He said softly.

"It wouldn't have been if you would just see me." I said.

He looked nonchalant. "It was the right call." I looked on sadly, and the tension became even more awkward.

I look over to Cami then back at him. "What are you two doing here?" I asked.

"We're..."

He grabbed Cami's hand and clutch on them before smiling at me. "...on a date." He respond and my mind went blank.

My legs almost gave in but I kept myself strong, even when I'm speechless, I mustered up the courage to ask the question I don't want to be confirmed.

"A-are you two dating?"

"I think it's obvious." He held up his hand with Cami's intertwine in his.

"Since this is the case, I thought it would be unfair to Cami if I kept seeing my ex, so I neglected to see you."

My breathing became heavy and difficult, without another word, I ran out of the room with Josh rushing after me.

"Quinn! Wait!"

I ran out to a small alleyway and cried, I cupped my hand over my mouth to keep myself from sobbing but that doesn't stop the tears.