I Promise You

Hey guys.

It's been a long time I hope you've all been well and had a great Christmas, I want to use this chance to say Happy New Year to everyone.

I have to say that this was a difficult chapter to write because along the way I felt the plot just didn't fit or didn't make sense or it would get too complicated. I had to go back and forth changing a lot of scenes until I was happy about it. I nearly gave up but I knew you guys wanted to know the ending so I tried my best to write it. So after going through many fails and rewriting I hope you guys like this one.

This chapter by far has some the my favourite moments in them that made me cry while writing them. I had to say goodbye to one of my favourite characters which was a hard decision for me to make because I actually thought this person was going to make til the end of the book.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Klaus' POV

I take my eyes off her for one minute and something happens to her, my heart's still racing when Hayley told me she collapsed. I was in a state of panic I didn't know what to do. The first thing I thought was to give her my blood but Freya warned me it could do her more harm than good.

Right now Freya's doing everything she can to help her but I see no progress in what we do which frustrates me even more. I was standing by the door watching in silence when Freya came over to me.

We move further away to talk privately about her condition, the look on her face told me I should prepare for the worse. "She's fine for now but there's a limit to how long she can hold out for. Alice and I are going through Esther's grimoires but so far there's nothing we found useful." She told me.

Normally I would say that's not good enough and would put more pressure on her to keep searching but lately I've grown tired of it. So I don't bother to raise my temper.

"Just do what you can, I just don't want to see her suffer like this anymore." I told her softly. She nodded and turned to leave.

I came back into the room and Quinn was still unconscious, I came over to sit on the edge of the bed. I picked up the wet towel next to the head dresser and start dabbing it on her forehead to cool her temperature.

I stare at her face and felt pain in my heart, the more pain she was in the more my heart was aching. There wasn't anything I could do to help her, I just wish I could.

All I could do was pray, pray that she gets better, that she lives through this so that I can take her to all the places she wants to go and do everything with her.

Now I feel like that's not going to happen anymore, not when her life is hanging on the balance and there's still no way to heal her. But I won't lose hope, I know she'll live through this I just have to hold onto that.

I felt slight tossing and turning and my body reacted when I knew she was waking.

Quinn's POV

I woke up to someone's touch and the first person I saw was Nik, he snap his eyes wide when I finally woke and let out a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" I asked trying to remember what I was doing. "You were talking to Hayley when you collapsed." He explained reminding me.

"Don't scared me like that." He said.

"I'm sorry." I touched his hand to prove to him I'm okay. "I'm still here, you don't have to worry anymore. I'm okay." I reassured him.

He sighed heavily. "I just can't seem to take my eyes off you for one minute can I? How much trouble are you going to be?"