Our Past

Quinn's POV

"Stop looking at me with those eyes!" Father start beating me, he's drunk.

I get smacked across the face and landed on the floor, then he started kicking me in the stomach and every other places on my body.

"You're just like your mother! Using those eyes to trick me, then leaving me!" He settled down in his chair from across the room, crying.

"I said stop looking at me with those eyes!!" He started yelling again when he noticed I was looking at him.

I snap to the floor with tears seeping out of my eyes.

I can't do this anymore, I need to get out of here. "Stop crying! How 'bout I scrape out those eyes so you won't have to look at me anymore, let alone cry!!" He threatened.

He goes to grab the kitchen knife from its stand and made his way over to me. I back away to the wall shaking my head. "No, no please! Daddy please don't! Please!!" I begged him frantically.

I make a run for it when he grabbed my leg and drag me toward him, until he's sitting on top of me. I start to scream along with my cries.

He grabbed both of my hands and inched his body closer to sit on them to limit my movement. His roughly holds my chin to keep me still and raised the knife.

"Nooo! Please! Somebody help me! Please!"

As the edge of the sharp knife draws in closer, I screamed hysterically. "Don't worry, this will all be over soon." Father had the most scariest face I've ever seen. Murderous.

"NO!!!!!"

I gasped for air that waking me from the nightmare, I kept having them every night. Why did I have to dream about the past?

I slap my hand to my head breathing heavily. It was long ago yet it's still haunting me now. I check my clock to see that it's 4:30 am.

I can't fall back to sleep after that, might as well get up. I toss my blanket off my body and slide out of bed. I took a shower and made myself breakfast.

After I was done eating, I glance at the clock to see that it's already 7:30, I have to get ready for my classes.

~ ~ ~ After class ~ ~ ~

I was left alone in my studio to clean up the equipments left by the kids, I packed away the easels but left out two tall ones, changed the water and set out the paints. Once I was done I waited for Nik to come, I didn't have to wait for long.

I caught a glimpse of him walking from the other side making his way to my studio. He opened the door and I literally lit up like Christmas tree, his presence was always comforting and warm.

"How has your day been, love?" He smiled.

'Love' I blush every time he says it.

"It's been fine, the same as always." I shrugged, trying to hide the blush.

He took off his leather jacket and settle it down on a nearby chair. He immediately picked up a brush and waved it across the canvas.

"You look so pale, not feeling well love?" Nik ask with his sweet British accent and his cute smile, taking a quick glimpse of me before looking back at his canvas.

"Yea. it's just ...a bad dream I had." I replied.

"What about?" He asked.

"Oh it's just something of the past, nothing to worry about." I wave off the subject, but Nik doesn't let the idea go and place his palette down.