Time

Hey guys,

It's been so long since I last updated and now I'm finally back with another chapter. I know I keep giving you the same reason for my long overdue update so I won't say them anymore. All I can tell you is that I'm trying my best to finish this book as soon as I can to give you guys closure on this fanfic.

I don't know how many readers I have left who are still interested on Klaus and Quinn's story. Maybe some of you guys are fed up with me and left. Maybe some you guys still have faith in me and are waiting patiently for my return. If you are then thank you so much for putting up with me all these years. Whatever the case is, I have made a promise to you guys and myself that I will finish this book no matter how long it will take me. So hopefully you guys will keep supporting me and be patient just a little while longer.

I think I said it in the last update that there's only going to be two more chapters left but maybe I'll extend it by another chapter. When I wrote this chapter I realised everything will feel so rushed in the last chapter or this chapter will be incredibly long. So I decided to extended it by one chapter so there's will be two chapters left until the end of Klaus and Quinn's love story.

I already have the final chapter partially written for over two years now or maybe longer. The slight issue I have is the next chapter and how to bring an end to everything. I have a vague idea of how things will go down. I'll try to make it as interesting as I can and wrap everything up.

What do you guys think will happen in the final chapter? Let me know what you guys think?

Anyway, I won't delay this any longer and let you guys get to reading. Enjoy!

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Klaus' POV

It's been three days since we discovered the research Alice was working on before she died. Since then I've been holed up in the study with Hayley and Caroline trying to figure out how this cure can be made. And judging by the guidance Alice left behind it shouldn't be hard to make.

The only problem is...

"Hah. This is a dead end." Hayley sighs loudly for the umpteenth time. She tosses a research paper she's been brooding over for the last twenty minutes on my desk in defeat. "No it's— it's not a dead end." Caroline speaks, not ready to toss in the towel just yet as she picks up the paper Hayley just tossed. "Okay, we know we need three ingredients to make the antidote; sage— to purify, a concentration of vervain— to weaken all vampire senses, and a so-called Blue Tiger Lily which is a little bit more difficult." She broods wearily.

"Yeah no kidding. I'm no florist but I'm pretty sure there are no blue tiger lilies." Hayley retorts, crossing her arms. The exhaustion and frustration built up over the last few days is evident in her snappiness.

The girls' exhaustion rubs off on me and I heave a loud sigh, covering the top half of my face with my hand. An opportunity to create a cure like this is a miracle Alice left for us before she died. It will be meaningless if we give up now. The guidance she left us on how to make it seems simple enough but the last ingredient makes this seem like a fool's errand.

There is another alternative that's more realistic but it'll be years of waiting. A cure we had previously sought to obtain and fought over is now running through the veins of Damon Salvatore. I was going to wait it out until he died to retrieve the cure for Quinn, as my way of making it up to her.

But why wait decades when we can have it now?

Even if she can't forgive me or she falls out of love with me... as long as I can bring back her smile... as long as I get to stay by her side or even watch her live her life from afar... It will be enough for me. I want nothing more than for her to be happy again.