Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire

~ Klaus' voice over ~

It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters. Yet, still, she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wily troublemaker, out for no one but himself. Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance that she may one day find happiness. And me, the bastard child. My mother's greatest shame. Now, finally, we have defeated her, giving her the choice she never thought to give us-- to live on as one of the monster's she created...

Cami's POV

"...Or suffer the slow agonising death she so deserves." Klaus finished after slamming the car door shut. I got out from my side before going around to his.

"Um... congratulations, I guess." I look around the place with uneasiness.

"But right now, I'm a little more worried about Finn, considering I totally stabbed him in the back." I expressed my fear.

"He won't find you here, this is the safest place you could possibly be." He told me. "Come on." He led me towards the house ahead.

"Will I be the only one here or are you going to be here to protect me?" I asked, hoping he would say 'yes'.

I wanted to have the time to get closer to him considering Quinn's not around getting in the... or so I thought.

"I have matters to deal with back home, so Elijah will be here to protect the two of you." He respond behind him. I look at him confused.

"Two of us?"

"Yes. Well, actually three of you if an infant counts." He explained but I was still confused.

I looked over to Klaus for answers. "Quinn knows about the vampires and the dangers around us, so she's staying here till I know it's safe for her to return. As well as yours."

I heard this with dismay and felt my blood starting to boil.

"Enough with the questions, come. There's someone I want you to meet." He said. If it's Quinn then no thank you.

The door opened revealing Hayley carrying a small baby in her arm. "I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemaker that all the fuss has been about. Camille, this is Hope."

I stare with wide eyes at the baby in front of me, in horrid shock. "Oh my god. But you said- I thought she was-." I stutter, unable to get my words together.

"The only way to truly protect her was to convince the world of her death. I hope you understand, once it's safe for you to leave here, our secret cannot leave with you." He said.

I touched his arm and nod before joining Hayley and baby Hope. I reached out to touch her hand but she pulled away and cried.

"Aww, she's perfect." I laughed.

"If you'll excuse me." Klaus walked past in a hurry.

I watch as he disappeared from my sight into the house. "Where is he going?"

"Considering he had to leave half way, probably to finish what they started." Hayley replied briefly with a witty grin.

"Quinn?" I asked.

"Who else?"

I clenched my fist tightly.

Quinn's POV