Your family or Me

Hey guys, 

I'm terribly sorry for abandoning this book for months. A lot has happened. My mental health hasn't been all that great. My head has been filled with negative thoughts and I couldn't bring myself to write anything or update this book. 

I had thought about giving up on writing altogether but I made a promise to myself to finish this. So I will. Some of you may be frustrated by my absence. I'm frustrated with myself too. 

I am getting the help I need so don't worry. I'm doing fine right now. Thank you to everyone for being patient with me all these years. I can't promise to be quick with updates but I promise you I will finish this book until the end. 

This book is entering its final arc and I will be bringing it to an end. 

Thank you, everyone <3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Klaus' POV

We were up till dawn because I just couldn't get enough of Quinn. Like I've been starved of this feeling for a long time. I had been longing for this passionate night the moment we're together again many times in my head. And it finally happened last night.

I needed to make up for the five years we were apart so I might have gone overboard. It's a good thing Quinn's a vampire now. And we were lucky Quinn's room was far away from Hope's room. I will never be able to face my daughter if she had caught her father having sex with another woman who's not her mother.

The sun rose to the sky before we were aware of it. We both took a shower because we were sweating from all the rough sex we did. And what was supposed to be a quick shower ended up being a little longer because we were fooling around in there.

Rebekah caught us walking out the bathroom together and teased us about it. I'd say we're guilty but I honestly couldn't feel any more shameless. I waited five years for this. I wasn't going to wait.

By the time we were done, it was around 7 am and Hope was still asleep. We were all hanging outside on the front porch. It's been over 12 hours since we've escaped from Marcel and everything seemed peaceful. I sensed no individuals within the perimeters of this safe house which was good. That meant no one had realised I had escaped yet, and it will only be a matter of time before they find out.

I was quietly enjoying the view of the garden where Quinn was picking flowers and arranging them in a vase. A smile naturally grew on my face. Elijah was sitting in one of the rocking chairs reading a newspaper catching up with the world's latest issues. Freya was sitting in the other chair beside him and Rebekah was leaning against the porch rail.

Kol, however, was somewhat agitated with paranoia. "What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger. Why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" It was obvious he was still fearful of the thought of Marcel changing his mind about killing us.

Having died twice has put Kol a little on edge and now he values his life more than ever. I was heartbroken the two times I had to watch him die. I love my brother and I understand his fears but he's got to relax. I don't think Marcel will go back on his word after letting us leave. He let us go because he wants me to feel the humiliation of his superiority over me by giving me mercy.

The housemaid Hayley hired for us served Kol and Rebekah their cocktails then went inside the house to do other housework. "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way. I can assure you haven't missed much." Kol snatched the newspaper from Elijah.