The Bloody Crown

Hey guys,

I apologise for making you guys wait for a whole month for me to update the next chapter. I've been having a lot of trouble getting started because I'm always thinking two steps to get the plot right. 

Anyway, this is the last chapter of Part 3 of the story. The fourth and last part will hopefully have 10 chapters or less so I can bring this lovely book to an end. It's going to be completely different from the series because I didn't like it at all. 

I loved The Originals but the ending was really disappointing for me because  I was hoping the series would go on longer. But nothing goes the way we want. 

I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to update the next chapter but I can tell you it's going to be a rollercoaster for our character Quinn. Look forward to it guys. 

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Quinn's POV

I was standing in the middle of a loading station just near the border of New Orleans. I was facing city with a forlorn look as it breaks my heart to leave my love behind and go on the run like this.

My heart was telling me to go back for him but my head was telling me I can't. Telling me to leave now. I have to leave now, otherwise, it will all be for nothing. His sacrifice will all be nothing.

The state of the current situation was too disturbing for me to comprehend. How did this happen?

~ ~ ~ 16 hours ago ~ ~ ~

It was the morning after and the air seemed chillier than usual, metaphorically I mean. It's like waking up from a long nightmare and all your energy has been drained from trying to escape the darkness.

Though I really wish everything was a dream.

New Orleans was a place I loved for its art and music. Shrouded in mystery as it is but I still love it because I was with the person I love. Almost all of the good memories I have of this place are with Nik and it's starting to be replaced by all the terrible ones.

My best friend who's cared for me ever since I set foot in this city is dead. The guy who's always worried about me and my involvement with the very family who killed him is dead.

I never should have blindly believed the good in Nik's family. Compassion for those alive today can never beat the bond of a thousand years for this family. I never should have admired their faith and their bond. It's the reason why so many people are dead and why they have so many enemies.

Having lost all meaning to remain in New Orleans, I decided to go back to L.A to forget about this place. The whole reason I came here has long been resolved so I have no reason to stay in this toxic city anymore.

To my surprise, Nik decided to leave this city behind and come back to L.A with me. I wouldn't be upset if he chose to stay for his family but I was glad to hear his choice of starting anew without his family.

Nik went back early this morning, in hopes, to convince Hayley to start over in a new city with their daughter. She might think it's selfish of us to ask her to move for our purpose and I wouldn't blame her if Hayley rejects the idea.

Hope is their daughter. It's up to them how they want to do this. I don't want to be the reason Nik or Hayley can't be with their daughter. Whatever happens, as long as I can leave this forsaken city then I don't care about anything else.

I didn't want to waste time dawdling and sort out all the ones I want to take with me and the one I'm throwing away. I start with bookshelf and took down all the books, gathered all the sketchbook on the coffee table and put them in the box.