The Exquisite Corpse

Quinn's POV

After I received a call from Nik to babysit Hope urgently, I quickly hurry over to the Compound. Apparently the the rightful owner of Rebekah's current body has regained conscious and just attempted to take Hope last night.

I rushed over before everyone in the city could start their day with loud music and chattering amongst themselves. I slide in through the front gates and made my way through the compound heading up to Hope's room when I heard someone call out to me.

"You must be Quinn, you're the girl who Klaus seems to favour over." I snap my head in the voice's direction.

A woman who looked her 20s, blonde hair with a shade of brown was standing on the other side of the second floor staring at me.

I looked at her speechless. "I'm sorry, wh-who are you?" I asked.

"Freya, Niklaus' older sister." She introduced herself.

"Though I'm sure he has denied me as his family, and yet he claims you to be a part of his when it is I, who is their blood." She spoke with vile jealousy, walking around towards me, glaring.

I felt guilty for taking her position and look at her timidly. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to--"

"It's quite alright. I know enough about you from Finn, you're the same as me, wanting the warmth that I longed for." She said.

It grew awkward between us when I got the feeling that she doesn't like me. "Quinn, if you don't mind to spare a little time, I would like to have a little chat with you." She said.

"...Sure."

I was going to decline because I have to look after Hope but I was afraid of what she could do if I said no.

She smile a little before proceeding. "Ever since I met my family I have been facing certain difficulties to get them to accept me. Klaus-- specifically-- has been refusing to accept me as his sister." She explained.

"And yet he was able to bond with you in an instant, you would understand for my annoyance. I just want you to help me." She proposed.

"Help you?" I look at her blankly.

"Yes, because it seems as though he's willing to listen to you more than anyone right now." I looked at her unsure whether to take up that task.

"I assure you I am not Klaus' enemy, his enemy is Dahlia. I'm here to help him protect his family, I just want to have what I was meant to have a thousand year ago, my family." She said.

I had trouble to open my mouth to her because I've never felt the pressure like this before. "Freya, I- I'm more than happy to help you bond with Nik better, but... in the end, it's all up to you and how best you are able connect with him." I told her.

She looked at me weirdly.

"I was only able to connect with Nik because we share a similar past, and from what I heard, you suffered a lot too from the life you lived with Dahlia." I saw the pain and tears forming in her eyes from recalling of the bad memories.

"Nik can be a little stubborn when it comes to his family affairs, because family is all he has. Always and forever. He puts his family above himself and he would anything to protect them." I said that with envy.

"So I would understand why he would refuse to accept you because you're the sister that he's never met to be able to know if you're the real thing."

She looked at me with sadness in her eyes, I reach out to touch her arm.

"Just give him some time. In this moment of his life, all he wants to do is protect Hope, so trust is a big issue for him right now. But I will try to let him see the light in you. I've been with his family for a couple months to see that every member is broken. You're no outsider, Freya."