An Old Friend

Quinn's POV

It's been three days since we decided to stay, members of the Seven Circles have started to gather and they're staying at St James' Infirmary. And because Felix, Alice and Aaron were staying at my place, Marcel had to move back to his loft, though he still comes back and forth.

With the adults talking, Alice asked her son to hang out in my abandoned studio. Once he was out of hearing range, we went down to business.

Alice sat beside me on the couch while Felix stands by the fireplace and Marcel on the opposite side to him. "One month ago, Alice and I travelled to Chicago hoping that we'd be able to kill him but we underestimated his strength." He explained.

"In the last few years, he's built himself an army to protect him from those who stand against him, like us. He's been searching his whole life for the bloodline that carries the celestial nymph, until one day his prayers were answered when he met Everlyn."

I froze at the mention of my mother's name. "My mother."

He nods. "Twenty three years ago, your mother was rumored to be carrying the mythical celestial nymph, a widow carrying an unborn child looking helpless and vulnerable, it was a perfect opportunity for him to set out his plan."

I frown at the information. "Widow? You mean my mother was married before my father?" I look at him confused.

Felix looked at me with hesitation. "Lewis is not your father, Quinn. Your real father died long before you were born." He told me.

I stared at him shocked and speechless. "What?"

"When your mother met Lewis, she was already pregnant with you." Alice answered.

"And you're only telling me this now?" I stared at him in disbelief. "We only knew about this three years ago." Felix responded.

"Three years? Three years and you still didn't say anything?" Marcel asked. I shake my head at the news.

"What were we supposed to say, that 'Lewis is not your father but your stepfather, so you don't have to worry, he's not coming after you'? Nothing was going to change if she knew the truth then!" Felix protested.

"Stop it, both of you." I stop their irrevelent argument. "There's no point fighting now." They left things at that but don't stop glaring at each other.

"So what's our plan?" I asked.

Felix sighed. "Lewis is a smart man, he won't do something he's not certain. He'll send in his men before making his own appearance, he'll want to know what he's walking into."

Marcel raised a question. "So how do we attack him?"

"He's only vulnerable when he has no one by his side to protect him." Felix answered.

"Then we'll have to kill as many of his men as we can." Marcel suggested.

"But that's not to say he's completely useless on his own." Alice informed us. "His specialty is dark magic and his alliance with vampires."

Marcel frowned. "Why would vampires help him?"

"Because our coven has been fighting against him for years, he'll want to do the same, get rid his enemies as many as possible. Vampire are the only ones that can do his bidding, they do something for him, he returns the favours." Alice told him.

Marcel had the look that this is more complicated than he thought, I thought the same. In the last few days, I had to readjust everything I thought I knew what's going in my life. Just months ago I thought I was just a girl hiding from a psychotic and alcoholic father, when in reality everything is far more complicated than that.