Our Day Out

Third Person's POV

Klaus walked into the living room to find Quinn sitting gracefully like a mermaid on the couch reading through the second novel of Lauren Kate's Fallen series; Torment. She was completely mesmerised with the storyline to even notice him.

Wanting to get some alone time with her, he coughed to grab her attention. She averted her eyes from the page and looked up, smiling brightly at his presence.

"Hey."

He returned the smile and made his way over to sit with her on the couch. "I've been looking everywhere for you and here I find you reading." He commented.

She laughed softly before closing her book and removing her legs to make room for him. "I thought you would want some alone time with Hope." She reasoned.

Klaus fell back into the couch, spreading his arms out. "We had our moment, Hope and I." He took the book out of her hands and placed it on the table in front of them.

Her eyes followed his movement with a questioning smile. "Now it's our turn." He smirked.

Smiling at each other, they found themselves gazing into one another, unable to break away. Until the human girl was blushing bright red and looked away.

"Well, how would you like to spend this moment?" The delicate flower asked intrigued.

Klaus' eyes wondered around. "Well, I was hoping you and I could-- you know-- go out on adventures, sightseeing, sketching as we go." He smirked with a grin.

She smiled with interest. "Niklaus Mikaelson, are you asking me out on another date?"

"Well, do you want this to be our second date?" He raise a brow.

She looked away embarrassed, not used to being asked she wanted. "I will take that as a yes."

"So, where you want this second date be?" She asked after re-grouping from her embarrassment.

"Anywhere you want to go." He replied, staring deeply into her green eyes. Her smile snuck up on her face.

Klaus' POV

I walked down the stairs to the compound where half of the newly empowered werewolves are inhabiting, scattering about the place as if they live here permanently now.

Now I regret ever extending my hand to a pack of mutts, because it's making Quinn nervous. She was clinging tightly onto my arm as we were making our way down, not that I'm complaining.

Any guy would with get angry and rough if they dated someone as clingy and socially problematic as her but don't group me with those guys. Right now, I dying from overloaded happiness.

We head towards the exit when I heard Elijah's voice. "Niklaus."

We both turn to see him on the other side of the room. "And just where do you think you are going with the lovely Linda?" He questioned as if he has authority over me.

"I thought it was obvious. We're taking a day off for ourselves, considering we've been apart for weeks now. Any man would be desperate to amend the gap." I bluntly told him, wrapping my arm around Quinn.

Marking what's mine.

He smiled with a hint of making fun of me as he made his way over to us. "Linda, I must apologise if you have your day planned out but I must ask that you make up for it another time." He looked at her then to me.

"I've invited our dearest sister to our home to get to know her better." He informed me. "She's not our sister." I glared at him.

I could tell that Quinn was watching the tension between the two of us, feeling awkward. "Refuse if you must, but don't you want to know what she tell us of Dahlia?"