A Ghost Along the Mississippi

Third Person's POV

~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~

Klaus tore his way through Lucien's bodyguard to get to the penthouse, thankfully Lucien wasn't around to stop them which made their search a whole lot easier. They went through every room to find the antidote for Freya but nothing was found.

~ ~ ~ Present ~ ~ ~

In his bedroom, Klaus was anxiously pacing back and forth wringing his hands together and murmuring under his breath. "No... no..." Quinn's body was laid still on his bed with her blood soaking the sheets.

Klaus furiously smashed a small table in the corner and screamed at the top of his lungs. "NOOOOOOO! AHHHH!"

~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~

Quinn was in Lucien's bedroom when she entered the closet and noticed a large trunk, she tried to open it but it was locked. She was about to call Klaus' help when a crank noise sounded, then out of nowhere a stake shot through the side of her stomach and she yelled in pain. Soon another stake shot through her shoulder soaking her clothes in blood.

Klaus heard her cries and came to her in a matter of seconds, he was horrified when he saw her injuries. "No, Quinn." He rushed towards her and stared at the wounds. The crank sound was heard again getting ready for another attack.

Klaus quickly picked her up and vamped themselves out of the room before it came. He gently laid Quinn on the sofa and checked her wounds. He shared a painful expression when seeing her like this.

~ ~ ~ Present ~ ~ ~

Distraught, Klaus began to destroy the things in his room, flipping tables and overturning them in a fit of rage. "AHHHH! AHHHHHH!" He continued to tear up his room beating broken pieces of furniture against the walls.

He let out all his rage until he eventually became emotionally exhausted and collapsed to the floor.

~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~

"I need to take these out." He said. Quinn was initially scared to let him pull them out but she was in even more pain having them pierced inside her. She nodded weakly allowing him permission.

Klaus gently grasped the stake in her shoulder and quickly pulled it out, she yelled at the pain. He quickly pulled out the second stake in her stomach when she was distracted from the first one. Blood started to pour out of her and all over the floor.

He quickly bit his wrist and offered it to heal her. "Here, drink my blood." Quinn obediently drank his blood and the wounds slowly healed up.

~ ~ ~ End of Flashback ~ ~ ~

With the room now in a state of chaos, Klaus had calmed down and returned to Quinn side on the bed cradling her body in his arms as he stared with tears in his eyes. He had given her blood earlier that day to heal her injuries from Lucien's trap, however, he didn't expect her to die all of a sudden.

He felt even worse when she died right next to him as he slept. He stroked her face and stared with a regretful look because once she awakens everything will be different.

Klaus knew what it meant for Quinn once she's in transition, and he can't even imagine how she was going to cope with it all. He was mentally preparing himself as he waited for her to wake.

Not long after, Quinn gasped as she woke and grabbed her throat looking around in shock. When she pulled her hand away, she saw her hands were coated in blood and looked absolutely horrified when she looked Klaus in the eyes.