The Devil Comes Here and Sighs

Quinn's POV

It may have been selfish of me to leave Nik when he needs me but it was definitely the right call to make. My time in L.A. was short but it's helped me realise one thing; I will always be the same girl I've always been as human. Even when I'm immortal.

As long as the people around me still accept me for who I am then I shouldn't be afraid of what my life will become. It's like Felix said, as long as I don't let the darkness consume me then I will never lose sight of who I am.

I came downstairs with my luggage and set it down in the foyer. Alice and Felix were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. "Do you really have to leave so soon? You've only been staying for two weeks. Why not stay for a few more days?" My brother asked.

"I'd love to but I can't be away from Nik for too long. Who knows what sort of trouble he'll get himself into." I said with a hint of worry and irony.

Alice stretched out her arms and hugged me. "Ooh, come back soon okay?" She said over my shoulder. "Okay." We pull away from each other and I face my brother who wrapped me in a tight embrace and kissed my head. "You call me when you need me okay?"

I smiled in his shoulder. "I will."

We pulled away and I noticed Toby nudging at my feet. "You're okay with me leaving Toby with you guys right?" I looked at the both of them. "Sure. Leave him to us." Alice said.

I bent down to Toby and ruffled his fury head. "You be a good boy until I get back okay?" I told him and he barked in reply. "Well, I've got to get going or I'll miss my train back." I stood back up and slipped my handbag over my shoulder.

"I'd say travel safe but we all know you'll be fine now." Felix said trying to be humorous and I gave him a light look. I walked towards my luggage that was sitting by a table near the front door when I noticed a brochure.

What caught my attention was the heading written on it and a picture of someone I knew. 'Kingmaker Land Development INC', underneath the title was a portrait of Lucien. "Hey guys, what do you know about Lucien Castle?" I picked up the brochure and turned to them.

Alice looked at Felix who stared at me. "How do you know Lucien?" He asked. "He was the first person Nik ever turned. Unintentionally though." I told him.

Felix had a knowing look as he nod his head. "That's what I thought. He did have connections with Klaus Mikaelson." He said causing my confusion. "What do you mean?"

He turned to me with a serious look as he begun. "A few months ago we found a group of poachers hired by Lucien to hunt down a specific line of werewolves."

I frowned. "Werewolves? There are different lines of werewolves?" I asked and Alice nodded. "Yes, and as far as we know, there are seven original werewolf packs. Klaus Mikaelson and your friend Hayley might be from two different lines." She pointed out.

"And why is Lucien hunting these werewolves?" I asked looking at the both of them for answers. Felix fold his arms over his chest. "We discovered that Kingmaker is a company built by Lucien Castle served as his place to perform experiencements."

I looked at him curiously. "What kind of experience?"

Felix let out a heavy sigh and looked at me grimly before he shared me a new piece of information that shook me to my very core.

~ ~ ~

Klaus' POV

In the mist the darkness, my siblings and I stood on the docks of the waterfront, dressed in black with mournful looks clouding our expressions. Elijah was holding a silver urn containing the ashes of our late brother Finn who had only came back to us for two days.