Fire with Fire/Ashes to Ashes

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry for the long wait and I know you guys hate it when I don't update for weeks so to make up for it I combined the last two episodes together.

Anyway, I present to you the very last chapter featuring the last two episodes of the second season. Rest assured that the story will continue after that but it's just a small celebration.

This chapter was originally shorter but I thought you guys would get angry if I only came back and updated such a short chapter.

Thank you for waiting so patiently for the past couple of months.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quinn's POV

The weather changed drastically over the night so I was worried for Hayley and Hope having to tread through the bayou in this weather. I peeked out the window to see people are running to dodge the rain.

I picked up the phone to call Hayley. "Quinn?"

"Hayley? Thank god, are you okay?" I ask her worried. I could tell the weather on her side isn't any better than where I was.

"Yeah I fine but this storm is slowing us down. No doubt that this is Dahlia's doing." She said with a sigh. The signal was getting weak from what I'm hearing.

"How far have you gone?" I ask.

"Not very far." She said unimpressed. "But we can't wait till this storm is over, she'll catch up to us." I nod to understand.

We were silence for a short while until Hayley breaks it. "Hey, how you feeling about all this?"

I breathe in heavily. "Helpless. Elijah won't let me involved anymore."

"I wouldn't either."

I breathe a typical laugh because I knew she was going to say that.

"Quinn, this is Mikaelson business. You of all people shouldn't get yourself involved. None of this our problem but somehow we always end up getting pulled into it. It's good to get yourself out before it's too late."

"I know." I said softly. "But it... it doesn't feel right just sitting around doing nothing."

"I get what you're feeling, but this is going to be a bloodbath. You'll only get yourself killed. So don't even think about doing something stupid, you hear me?" She told me sternly.

I rolled my eyes tirelessly at her. "Yeah, I hear you."

~ ~ ~ Morning ~ ~ ~

"What do you mean, he's gone?" I ask stunned. I got a call from Rebekah telling me Nik has disappeared, his coffin was empty this morning.

"Exactly that. The coffin's empty, and he's nowhere to be found." Rebekah was frustrated and desperate. "Has he come to you at all?"

I frowned. "No, he hasn't. I actually haven't seen since that night." I told her. The night where everything fell apart.

"If I had to guess, I'd say he's planning a long list of cruel and unusual punishments for his treacherous siblings." She sighed drastically.

"Given that we have an ancient witch to kill, I was hoping you might try and reason with him. Ideally, before he goes ballistic." She asked of me.