Chapter 1- First Impressions

"Hanna! Time to get up!" My mom's voice cuts through my peaceful sleep, jolting me awake. Must've slept through the alarm again. I really, really will make it louder next time, I promise myself. Though that's a lie.

I rush through my morning routine, scarf some breakfast, (what's a better way to start the day than nearly choking on a bowl of cereal) and that's when the doorbell rings.

"You know, they really should make cereal smaller!" I yell to my mom as I walk to the door. "It's a hazard!" I laugh to myself and pull the door open.

A boy stands there, smoothing his hair and wiggling his eyebrows, trying to be flirty. "Taehyunggg," I groan. "Why? Why do you do that every day? Your eyebrows are not caterpillars."

(This is pretty much how I imagined it haha)

Tae walks through the door without permission. "I love to tease you, Hanna. You make it too easy."

I sigh and change the subject. "Don't you have school today?"

Tae nods. "Yeah, but I'm dropping you off first."

I'm a broke eighteen-year-old who's mom doesn't have time to drive her to school, and who barely has her driver's license and doesn't have a car so I'm sadly reliant on my neighbor, Taehyung, or as I refer to him; Gucci boy.

He's pretty rich, (not in a stuck-up way) but he doesn't even own that expensive of cars or shoes or anything. As far as I can tell, Tae spends all his money on the fanciest clothes (Gucci often). It's the funniest thing, because it's not like he's going to some prestigious private university, he literally goes to college like fifteen minutes from our neighborhood. And yet- Gucci. He wears it. On the daily.

So yes, I call him Gucci Boy.

But enough of the backstory of his pretty creative nickname

But enough of the backstory of his pretty creative nickname. He basically is one of my closest friends, he's two years older than me, and drives me to school regularly.

"So," I say on this particular morning. "What do I have to do to qualify for Gucci boy's daily services?"

He always jokingly demands something in return for driving me to school, like for instance he makes me buy him a coffee or a chocolate bar or something like that, but often he's just joking around. Today, though, I'm in for a treat. "I do actually have a real request today."