Chapter 25- Driving and Painting

Taehyung slowly gets back to his normal, goofy, cheerful self over the next few weeks, and so does everyone else. Happiness is contagious, and so is sadness, especially with these guys. There's something about them that makes their moods influence mine. When they're happy, I'm happy too. 

Jungkook, on the other hand, seems to vanish, spending most of his time with his girlfriend, Rachel. 

Everyone else finishes assignment after assignment for school, no one more stressed out than poor Jin, who's in his last year of college. So that means a lot of work and preparation. 

"I feel like we should have a summer celebration," I bring up at some point. 

"But it's not summer yet," Hobi points out, just to be contradictory.

I roll my eyes. "Well, I know that, but like before we all graduate and whatever happens.. ...happens, we should just do something big as a celebration."

He looks at the floor, looking somewhat sad, but then goes back to his sunny self a split second later. "Yeah! What should we do?"

"I have no clue."

"Brainstorming time!" He chirps excitedly in response, and starts thinking pensively, whipping out a pad and pen from who knows where and scribbling down ideas rapidly. 

"I know what we can do for fun," Namjoon butts in randomly. "You guys can help me get my driver's license. So you can help me practice my driving."

The whole room collectively groans. We all know what his driving skills are like. 

Not so great. 

And he chooses to ignore our unenthusiastic replies, saying cheerfully, "Who's up for being my teacher?" 

No one says anything. 

For quite a long time.

"Ugh, fine," I say, complaining. "I am too nice, and I love you too much, so I'm going to help. Even though it means I'll probably die."

Namjoon claps his hands together, ignoring my statement about his terrible car driving abilities, and turns it around instead. "That is the positivity I'm looking for!"

I ignore his jibe and go searching for Jin. I will not attempt this Herculean feat of driving with Namjoon alone. 

Herculean, I tell you. Anyone brave enough to ride in a car with Namjoon at the steering wheel is braver than Hercules himself. 

"Oh Jinnnn?" I call innocently. As if I'm not about to rope him into a terror ride. 

His head pops out from the side of the refrigerator where he was searching for food, and I nearly jump out of my skin. "Jeez!"

He laughs. "Sorry. What's up?"

"I'm going to get some... ice cream. Do you want to come with me?"

Jin nods rapidly the second I mention ice cream, and I usher him out to the car. Namjoon follows behind casually, tiptoeing so Jin doesn't notice. "You can take the passenger's side," I say sweetly to Jin. "I remember how much you need the front seat... for your... wisdom." 

I grin at him innocently, and he narrows his eyes at me, trying to figure out if I'm being sincere or not. But I guess he chooses to forget about my sarcastic remark and happily sits in the comfy chair, sighing with happiness. "I love this seat."

I grin again, knowing that he won't love it for so long. 

Namjoon sneaks around the opposite side of the car, and I clamber in the backseat, sitting in the middle. I've been told that the middle seat is the safest and I'm not about to ignore smart advice at this moment.