Chapter 19- Trip

I wake up a few days later to the smell of pancakes. That wakes me up immediately, because what better way is there to wake up than knowing you don't have to eat yet another bowl of the same cereal you eat every day? 

I bolt out of bed, tripping over my chubby cat on the way through the door. He meows in annoyance. "I'm sorry," I tell him. "But pancakes come first."

A/N: Pancakes with.... what on top? Oh, that's right, Butter! Stream Butter! Sorry, I just had to take this opportunity. My brain is now only thinking of the song whenever someone brings up butter 😂

When I make it to the kitchen, it's not just my mom, dad, and now my cat, (who followed me to there, rubbing against my ankles) there's also Jimin. In my kitchen. In the morning.

I rub my eyes, making sure I'm not seeing things. When I realize that yes, he's actually here, I also take notice of the large smiles plastered to my parent's faces. "Um... what is going on?" I ask. 

My mom walks over to me. "Jimin has something to tell you," she says, grinning widely. 

"O-kay?" I respond, confused. 

"He's not proposing or anything!" My mom adds quickly as a side-note. 

"Noooo," I moan, pretending to cry. "I thought we were going to be one of those couples that gets married too young and then gets divorced like a year laterrrr."

My mom rolls her eyes. "Why are you so dramatic?" 

"Because it's fun," I respond simply. "So really, what's going on?"

Jimin finally speaks up. "We're going on a trip!"

"Heh?" 

"I'm taking you to Colorado!" He states excitedly. 

"Really?" I gasp. I turn to my mom. "You're letting me go with him?"

She nods. "Your father and I discussed it at length, but we decided it was fine. It was all Jimin's idea. He wants to see the college you're thinking about going to."

I race to her and hug her tightly, and then my dad right after. 

Jimin clears his throat. "Ahem, it was my idea, remember."

I roll my eyes, laughing, and then I hug him too. "Thank you so much!"

He nods. "I thought it was the least I could do, to support you in this decision at least."

"The least you could do?" I demand. He's literally doing the most he can do. Because that's just who he is. So kind. "When are we leaving?"

"This weekend. So in 2 days. It's just a short weekend trip," he responds. "That way you don't really miss school." 

I turn to my parents. "Well then, I can finally have some time away from you guys," I giggle, jokingly, because I love my parents. 

My mom wags her finger. "It's the other way around. We get time away from you."

"Wow," I gasp, pretending to be hurt. 

Then we go over all the details and planning, and then I head off to start packing early. When I get excited for a trip, I just have to start packing. Pancakes forgotten. 

Jimin joins me in my messy room and sits on the wood floors next to me. "How's the packing going?"

"Not good," I respond. I have pretty much taken all my clothes out of the dresser and closet, because I can't find anything that is warm. And also I wear like the same 3 outfits all the time.