Chapter 24- Blame

"What- what are you doing?" I splutter, pulling away from Taehyung.

He wipes his eyes, biting his lip as if he just realized what he did. "I don't know, I'm sorry. I don't know what that was." He turns away from me, new tears sparkling in his eyes. "Just forget about it."

Startled and worried, I obey his request and start to leave. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by the kiss. He's just upset. 

I leave the room, shaking my head. I can't believe Marisa. She hurt him so bad and now he's here, crying, kissing me because of it all. I've been in the same boat as him.

The sadness that initially led me to kissing Jimin for the first time. 

******

The next few days and weeks, I avoid Taehyung, not wanting to have any similar encounters. But I also try to come up with a way to raise his spirits. It hurts me so much seeing him like this.

"Hobi," I whisper to him, around a week after the incident. I decide it's time to talk to others about it. I'll leave out the kiss, but I still have to help Tae feel better. "Have you noticed Tae acting differently lately? He seems more upset than usual, right?"

Hobi just shrugs, not even looking up at me from his phone.

"I was thinking, maybe we could surprise him with something, or take him somewhere to get his mind off Marisa."

Another unenthusiastic response on his part. 

"Hobi, are you okay?" I question, worried. 

He stands up, looking angry, and ignores me entirely this time. 

I sit in silence for a few moments, confused, but then it hits me. What if he saw?

Jimin walks in at that precise moment, having been looking for potential jobs for himself all day. He looks drained from it. 

I feel bad for not telling him, but I'm trying to protect Tae and Jimin's friendship. I know I did nothing wrong here, and of course I'm slightly worried about how Jimin will interpret it, but I really just want to move on instead of making a big deal of the kiss. 

And especially not right now, when he looks exhausted. "Hey," I smile at him instead, wanting to help him.

His face breaks into a grin. "Hey, Hanna!"

I rush over and hug him, excited to see him even though I just saw him a few days ago. I notice Hobi looking sour over Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin notices my worried expression and turns around. "Hobi-?"

He scowls. "I'm sorry, I can't take it anymore. I kept my mouth shut for a week, and that's all I can take at this point. This is wrong." He looks at my boyfriend, and states bluntly, "She's cheating on you with Taehyung."

"What?" Jimin makes eye contact with me, backing away. "What are you talking about?"

I try to say something to explain what really happened, but Hobi doesn't let me speak.

"I saw her yesterday kissing Taehyung in his room," he glares at me.

"No, that's not-" I start.

"You must've been seeing things," Jimin says quietly over me. But he sounds less and less certain.

Hobi holds out his phone, and I peer over. It's a picture of Tae kissing me. "Did you take a picture of us?" I gasp, shocked that he would do such a thing. But then I immediately regret my words.