Chapter 27- The Only One For Me

Song to listen to/song that fits the chapter: 

The Only One For Me - By Brian McKnight 

(because I may or may not have named the story that because I was listening to the song one day and decided it's a good title 😂)

******

The next few weeks are filled with work and planning and more college thinking. I visit some more, but I still have a few weeks to make my decision. And I'm going to use as much time as I can. 

I spend tons of time with Eva and Sarah, hanging out at their place before they go off to their respective colleges. 

And of course, I almost never leave my best friend's sides. 

When the day comes to decide, I know what I am going to pick. Because it feels right. 

I tell my parents, and they nod, telling me that I am making the right decision. 

Then I head over to the guy's. "Hey, everyone," I smile when I see them all. 

"Hi!" They reply enthusiastically. 

"So... what did you decide?" Jungkook asks, looking worried. 

I look around at all of their beautiful, kind faces, and then eventually make eye contact with Jimin. I can almost understand what he's saying without any words actually being spoken. He nods. 

"I am going to go to Colorado."

There's an immediate outburst of noise. Some of them start arguing with me, a few hug me, and Jimin just stands there, smiling sadly. He knew what I was going to pick. 

"Guys," I say. "I don't want to leave any of you. But this is the right choice for me. I have to do what feels right for my future."

The arguing doesn't stop. Hobi's face is blank and no one looks happy. 

"Guys, she made her choice," Jimin adds in, coming to stand next to me, wrapping his right arm around my waist comfortingly. "We have to support her."

There's a lot of nodding. "Fine," Tae says. "But I'm not happy about this."

I hug him tightly. "I am going to miss you so much."

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, I urge myself.

Everyone forms a giant group hug, and the tears start to fall. God, I wish the college was closer. 

"You're all going to visit a lot, right?" I ask, sniffing. 

"Of course," they reply. 

"We will have the whole time this summer to hang out as well," Jin adds. 

Namjoon nods. "And we can come to Colorado for all the holidays and any weekends we want."

Hobi wipes a few tears. My heart aches. "You can come down too," he whispers to me.

I laugh a watery laugh. "I will, I promise."

Yoongi is staring around at all of us. He's not as sentimental as the rest of us. "Guys... you do realize that there's a thing called Facetime right? And texting."

I laugh and hug him too. "I'm so glad there is."

Hobi rolls his eyes at Yoongi. "You know you're still sad about it."

Yoongi nods, and wipes his eyes a little. "Of course I am."

We all hug again. "But yes, thank goodness for phones," I chuckle, and they nod vigorously.