Chapter 15- What If It's Love

"Thanks for coming with me," I say to Jimin as we 'dance,' (*sway slowly) around to the soft, pretty music.

"Of course," he replies.

I press my head to his chest, closing my eyes. Jimin leans his head on me and wraps his arms around me. It's the best feeling in the world.

Eventually I tilt my head up, looking at him on the dimly lit dance floor. He looks beautiful. I think some other people notice that too, because I spot a few eyes on us. Jimin notices too.

"Don't say they're looking at me," I say, wagging my finger at him.

"I wasn't, I wasn't!"

"We all know they're looking at you."

"Why do you say that?" He asks, blinking innocently. Always fishing for compliments, that one.

"I mean, look at you," I say.

Jimin's eyes are sparkling in the light, pretty and dangerous. If you look too long you'll never be able to leave again. His lips are full and pink, irresistibly kissable. He's the perfect balance of everything, so obviously attractive.

Jimin smiles, and, if it's even possible, he looks even better. "You're not so bad yourself."

Then he takes my hand in his, and his other hand goes to my waist. The touch makes me shiver. "Really, though," I say, blissfully happy, caught up in the moment, in the beauty of it all. "I'm just really glad you came."

He kisses me, slowly, deeply. "I love you." He says suddenly.

Love?

"You- love me?"

He nods, not an ounce of doubt or worry.

My face splits into a wide grin. I've never felt so happy. How can I be so lucky? Jimin is kind, thoughtful, smart, talented, fun, trustworthy, and so beautiful. How could you not love someone like him?

It's impossible not to. "I love you too," I respond, and it feels like the most normal thing. It feels right.

Because I realize that I've loved him for some time. Maybe it took him telling me for me to realize it, but I've been in love with him since I knew him. Maybe it was as a friend, or maybe then it was something more. But I fell in love with him fast. And I'm grateful. 

Because the world feels lighter when you're in love.

                                                                                              *********

The rest of the night is a blur. There's more dancing, jumping, someone's dress tears, (thankfully not mine) and there's a whole slew of picture-taking and memory-making.

But all I see is Jimin, and all I can think about are those three words. Over and over and over. I love you. I love you. I love you.

The best sentence ever.

Except maybe: "I have chocolate for you." That's a really good sentence too. 

When Jimin and I finally step out at around 1:30 in the morning, I feel like I'm floating. No part of me is tired, instead I'm wide awake, feeling the cool, early morning breeze. Jimin kisses me, and I press into him, enveloping myself in the kiss. His soft, warm hands cradle my face as he guides me backward. Suddenly I'm up against the cool wall of the building, his arm pressed against it as he leans in and kisses me harder. I sigh against him, enjoying the feeling of his touch and the smile playing on his lips as he presses them to mine.