Chapter 18- A for Effort

Hobi's face is unreadable for a split second, then; "You got in!!!" He shrieks and jumps on top of me, hugging me so tight I can't breathe. The rest of them follow suit.

The euphoria lasts more than a few minutes, everyone smiling and laughing and hugging. 

Eventually I look over at Jimin. He's also smiling, but it's a sad smile. "Good job," he whispers.

The world around me seems to go quiet and dim. All I see is him, his kind features and eyes and warmth, and just him. My sun, my happiness, my love.

I don't know if I can live a thousand miles away from him. I don't want to start over without him. 

When he pulls me into his arms, murmuring comforting words about supporting me no matter what I chose, I start to cry. I'm simultaneously so happy and so sad and scared at the same time. Who knew change could leave you so conflicted?

Jimin stays like that, with his arms around me tightly, head resting on mine for a long time. "I love you," he says. My tears flow even heavier.

"I love you too."

******* 

The idea that me and Jimin could be separated by college is really taking a toll on us. We argue somewhat frequently, about minuscule things such as where we're going to eat or where we're going to go, but deep down we know the real reason is that we're scared. 

After one stupid fight, (I'm not going to say to spare my pride) I'm angrily laying on my bed, wishing I hadn't over-reacted so much. 

It's not like the last slice of pizza is the end of the world.

Oh no, I just said it, didn't I? Oh well, now you know. We fought over a slice of pizza. It wasn't even fancy pizza. Or like rich person pizza. 

*Rich person pizza- pizza that probably is just as bad, if not worse than pizza at fast food restaurants, (not the good Italian kind), and is only eaten because people like to spend money on things that they think are 'top notch'. Rich person pizza is similar to rich person clothes. Who decides that some clothes are just better than others? I'd prefer my cheap, cute clothes, thank you very much. Imagine wearing some high end brand and then spilling something on it! What a nightmare. 

Long rant aside, yes, we fought about pizza. Then I just went home, annoyed, to go lay on my bed and contemplate my life. 

Now you're all caught up.

A/N: This reminds me of when Jimin told the story about him and Taehyung arguing about dumplings and if they should eat it before dance practice or after. 😂

 😂

I really love Jimin, I do. And I'm scared to choose a college because of that. I always said I was the type of girl to not let a guy determine my future, because my future is forever, and guys can come and go. And I've stuck by that.