Chapter 26- Graduation

The next few days are kind of sad, because both Jimin and I realize we might not have forever together, and the school year is slowly coming to an end. But we try to focus on the positive.

Like Jin graduating college! After 6 years of hard work, he's done!

Now, he knows that we know about his graduation, but he doesn't realize the prank we're pulling on him. 

"Okay, let's go over the plan again," Tae says, rubbing his hands together.

"Ugh, why?" Namjoon complains. "It's so simple."

We practice our lies, and then get ready to tell them to Jin. Aren't we great friends. 

"Ugh, I wish I didn't have my dumb dentist's appointment tomorrow," I complain when I go back to the living room. "The dentists' place weirds me out."

Jimin winks at me behind Jin. Well, he tries to wink, anyway. But just ends up shutting both eyes. I nearly laugh, but remember the plan. 

"Dentist's appointment?" Jin asks. "What time is it at?"

"Like 1 in the afternoon, or something like that," I respond offhandedly, shrugging.

"Oh," Jin says quietly.

I expect him to remind me that his graduation is tomorrow at 2, but he doesn't. He's too modest. It breaks my heart to lie to him, but I know that the surprise will be worth it in the end.

"I'd rather go to the dentist's than the DMV," Jimin adds in. "I'm taking Namjoon to try to take his driver's test and set up all his registration and stuff. Man, that place makes me want to cry, it's so boring."

I grimace. "Imagine working there, though."

"Those poor people."

"You should give them a tip, or something," I laugh. "Just be like, 'here's 10 bucks for you, I'm sorry you're in such a boring job'."

"I'm sure that will brighten up their day," he snorts.

Jin suddenly clears his throat, and we all turn, expecting him to bring up his graduation. I look at Jimin, asking him with my eyes what we should say if he reminds us. Jimin shakes his head slightly, "It's fine," he mouths silently.

And sure enough, Jin doesn't say anything.

*******

The next day I'm excited to surprise him. Me and the guys, (except Jin) drive over to the campus in the 3-row seater SUV, bickering about how to keep everything hidden from him.

Eventually, we find our way to the stands, whispering amongst ourselves, trying to find Jin in the large crowd. Jungkook spots him and we wave crazily, but he doesn't spot us.

We quiet down when the ceremony starts, but when they call Jin's name, we yell ourselves hoarse. Jin turns to our direction and sees us. His face breaks into an adorable, flustered smile, and we scream even louder. "We love you!" We call to him, making him blush in embarrassment.

Once him and his classmates throw their caps into the air, the seven of us rush over to Jin, and we collapse in a great big group hug, grinning our butts off. "How does it feel to be graduated?" Namjoon asks him.

"Good!" He replies. "I thought you guys forgot about it, though? You all said you had different plans."

We laugh. "Never," I tell him. "We were just tricking you so you wouldn't be expecting this."