Chapter 2- Getting to know him

(a few months later)

"Oy, Jimin!" I yell.

His head pops into view. "Yes?"

"I'm bored. Wanna go somewhere?"

He nods. "How about the beach?"

I agree to it, and we head out to the car. We barely make it five steps before I hear a voice call, "Where are you guys going?"

Kookie.

I turn around. "You want to come with us don't you?"

He nods, blushing, and smiles cutely. Jimin just laughs and shakes his head in amusement. "Fine," I say.

Jungkook grins happily, and then suddenly makes a break for the passenger's seat. "Ahhh shotgun!" I scream. I shove past him as I race him to it. Somehow I manage to leap and grab the door a split second before him, laughing. "Hahahaha," I grin evilly at him.

He sticks his tongue out at me. "Next time."

"Sure," I respond, grinning. "As of now I'm the champion!"

Jimin rolls his eyes at us. "You both are so immature," he laughs.

But a moment later he's eating his words, because once the music plays in the car, he transforms into the goofiest dancer ever.

The three of us sing like crazy people, grooving with the windows down

The three of us sing like crazy people, grooving with the windows down. I think we got at least five weird looks from other people in their cars. An old man watches us the whole time we wait at a red light, but his watchfully judgmental eyes only give us more incentive to dance our hearts out.

When we arrive at the beach it's still light, but the sun is slowly inching down, beautiful streaks of color replacing it. Jungkook starts to build a sandcastle, while Jimin and I sit down on the cool sand.

"It's crazy we just met a month or two ago," he says.

I nod. "I feel like I've known you way longer."

"Me too."

We settle into a comfortable silence, watching the waves crash on the shore and recline back into the water. Eventually we start to talk again, once we've reveled long enough in the peace of nature. We talk about our childhood and our dreams and life. Jimin is the kind of person you could talk to for hours on end and never get bored. And we do. He tells me about his fears and dreams, and I tell him mine. He's also one of the most trustworthy people in the world. So it's no wonder that when we finally leave the dark beach behind and head home, I feel even closer to him than I did a few hours earlier. Jimin has that kind of effect.

We play music loud on the way back, and Jimin drops me off at my house. Jungkook grins cutely at me, and they wave goodbye.

                                                                                                  ********