Chapter 13- Sports Games and Dating?

Jimin leads me out to his Honda, and I pile in the very back with Yoongi. Hobi, Namjoon, and Tae are in the middle row. Jimin gets in the driver's seat, with Jin riding shotgun. "Lucky," I mumble. 

Jin hears me. "I am the elder," he explains, looking at me in the rearview mirror. "I have lived much longer. I have wisdom. And that wisdom needs the front seat." (More like his butt needs the squishier seat). 

"Fine. But just so you know, you're more likely to get injured in a car crash," I state bluntly. 

Jin rolls his eyes. "Well, I have control of the music," he claps back smugly. 

"I have access to the trunk." (I'm not sure why I thought that would be beneficial, but hey, maybe I have to jump into there and then roll out of the car like a badass in a car chase). 

"I have a bigger and comfier seat." He retorts smugly. 

"I have-" I hesitate. Fudge, what do I have? I shoulda paid more attention in class when Mr. Fraser was talking about good debate skills. Who knew that I'd need those skills to try to beat a man six years older than me in a debate about which seat is better in the car. Stay in school, kids. "I have... Yoongi?" I ask. 

Yoongi looks at me. "What?"

I nod. "Yep, hahaha, I have Yoongi. You don't." To prove my point, I snuggle up next to Yoongi, who's face scrunches up in distaste and confusion. 

"What the heck are you doing?" He demands. 

I pull away. "Proving to Jin that the backseat is better." 

Yoongi grumbles. "Hobi, switch seats with me." 

Hobi looks more than ready to volunteer, but I just smile at Yoongi. "You know you love me."

Yoongi shakes his head quickly. "You're fine." 

I laugh and hug him again. Though he seems reserved and appears to have a dislike for any physical l contact, I know that he, like anyone just wants to feel loved. I can tell that deep down he likes it.

He squirms away from me. 

Well, deep, deep down anyway. 

The rest of the car ride is mostly silent, except for Jin, who abuses his shotgun seat power and chooses all his own songs, singing along loudly and proudly. Yoongi and I snicker at his cuteness. When we arrive at the school campus, the stands have quite a few people in them, more than I expected. Football usually has more watchers than any other sport, but for this being track, I'm impressed by how many people are here to watch them compete. 

The seven of us walk towards the field, handing out signs and balloons to each other. Namjoon smartly brought some foam fingers too. Oh boy, are we extra. 

Jungkook is waiting with his team, stretching. When he catches sight of us, he groans. "Please tell me that you're not going to do this."

"Oh we are, we are," Tae assures him. Jungkook facepalms. 

"Aw, c'mon," Hobi says, smiling. "This is an important race. We're just being supportive." 

Jungkook smiles slightly for a second, but then it fades. "This is supportive?" He questions, gesturing to Tae's sign. 

It reads: 'Kick Their Butts, JK! If You Don't, We're Not Buying You Dinner"

I kid you not. Tae grins like an idiot, looking pleased. "It's great, isn't it. This will really get you to run fast."

The rest of us start laughing. 

Jungkook sighs. "I'll run fast." Anything for food. 

"Yes!" Hobi fist pumps the air.