Chapter 14- Best Night Of My Life

Prom night. Prom night. Prom night.

I had been so excited and looking forward to prom that I forgot about the fact that I still had schoolwork to do. Senior year hasn't been too much work, more focus on college planning and scholarships. There's definitely work, but nothing compared to junior year. Don't remind me about junior year.

We don't look back. 

So hours before prom, at like three in the afternoon, I'm furiously trying to finish my AP math homework, while I'm pretty sure every other person has already begun the treacherous process of getting ready.

When I say treacherous, I mean it. Think about how many injuries you can get before even arriving at prom! Tripping and falling over your dress, eating too much food and struggling to get into your dress, someone else tripping/ripping your dress. Many dress casualties.

Then there's the likelihood of stabbing yourself in the eye with numerous makeup brushes. I don't want to look like I have pink-eye from poking myself with brushes when I arrive at prom. I want to look like I know how to put eyeliner on (I don't, and I usually have Eva do it for me). As you can see, many issues can befall you. That's why so many people start preparing hours ahead of time. They're smart.

I'm trying to be smart in a different way and finish my homework, but I can't concentrate. So I give up and decide to head over to the guys' place. I ask my mom if I can go get ready there and then come back for pictures when it's time to leave. Their place isn't too far. She says sure, and so I head out, bringing a curling iron, some makeup, a jacket, and anything extra in case to get ready there. It's honestly likely that at least one of the guys could help me prep better than I could do myself.

So I arrive there, awkwardly carrying the fragile dress and about a thousand other things. Jungkook opens the door.

"Prom!" I say loudly, because why not.

"Prom?"

"Prom." I nod.

He lets me in, amused, and gestures at the dress and heels and makeup. "Why do you do this to yourself?"

I pause. "I don't even know. I wanna look pretty."

"You already do," Jungkook says.

"Awwwwww," I respond. "You're so nice. I love you."

Jungkook blushes.

"Hey, hey, hey," a voice says. "Don't go stealing my girl, Kookie." Jimin glides in, already dressed in a nice suit (probably an expensive, fancy brand). Of course he's already ready like a million hours ahead of time. Of course.

Jungkook raises his hands up. "I won't, I won't." As I walk further in, I look back at him and he mouths, "Find me when you guys break up."

I laugh and he grins back at me.