Chapter 9- The Truth Always Comes Out

(next few days)

"Are you guys still fighting?" Jungkook asks me a few days later, biting his lip and looking nervous. He hates when people fight.

"No," I sigh. "We've more or less settled it." There's still tension, but I'm trying not to think about it.

When I see Jimin, I know it's time to apologize for real. "Look, Jimin, I'm really sorry about the other day. I was being stupid, okay. None of the blame is on you."

"Oh, he knows," Namjoon says. "He was bursting about how he doesn't understand how you're mad at him and that he did nothing wrong, blah, blah, blah."

Jimin just looks at him, and then back to me. "I was just angry. But I forgive you now, okay?"

He's too nice.

"Okay, but at least let me explain myself. I owe you an explanation and an apology." I tell him. 

Jimin waits patiently for me to continue.

"I was just feeling off the other day, and I took my anger out on you for no reason. I also have had friends that have been treated badly in relationships, and I didn't want that to happen with you or her either. I'm sorry, I completely overreacted." 

Jimin smiles. "It's okay, Hanna. We all have our bad days." 

"Well thank you for understanding," I say. "But you don't need to forgive me so fast. I was rude." 

He nods. "I know. But I forgive you anyway." 

It's awkward for a few moments. Then Hobi, ever the good-idea generator, brings up karaoke. And the wall of tension breaks. We all sing our hearts out, dancing like maniacs, laughing until each one of us collapses on the floor. And then Jimin and I spend the rest of the night talking, getting all our issues on the table, solving them, making our friendship stronger. A good way to end a not-so-perfect day.

                                                                                             **********

"Look, it's so obvious that you like him," Hobi tells me the next day. We're sitting in his room, playing video games. "You were so obviously jealous of Soo-ah the other day. That's obviously why you and Jimin fought."

"Yeah, why don't you just tell him?" Taehyung asks.

Hobi nods vigorously. "Never know until you try."

"But I don't want to ruin our friendship. He's probably still mad."

"I don't think so. Jimin forgives really easily. And plus, you like him a lot, don't you?" Tae says, smiling. "It's so cute, because Jimin is so oblivious."

"Yeah, I do," I sigh. "Tae, you make it sound like it's so easy, though." I laugh. "Imagine telling your crush you like them."

"That's easy for me," Hobi butts in. "I'd just have to call up Natalie Portman on the phone and tell her."

Tae and I laugh.

"I don't even know how I'd start, though," I say. "I like to have my crushes never find out that I like them."

(I genuinely do this in real life lol. Do any of you readers do the same thing? Pretty much all my crushes are secret 😂).

"What's the fun in that?" Hobi asks. "Don't you want to be with him?"

Oh god, yes. Imagine how amazing that would be, to know that Park Jimin likes you and you like him, and to be able to kiss him and know his true self and just be with him.

Tae can tell that the answer's yes from the look on my face. "Exactly. What's the worst that can happen?"

Why do people always bring up 'the worst that can happen'? Because, like, there's so many things. Just on the most basic level, natural disasters! Earthquakes, tornadoes, you name it. There's a lot of bad things that can qualify as 'the worst thing that can happen', and in this scenario, (as long as there's no fire that burns down the house) the worse thing is me utterly embarrassing myself and Jimin never wanting to talk to me again. I tell Tae all that and he pauses, looking stumped. "Heh, I guess you're right," he laughs slightly.

"Wow, great help," I say sarcastically. "You should really lead pep-talks."

"Aye, don't listen to poor Tae. Just follow your heart." Hobi makes an extravagant gesture, a far-away look in his eyes. Then he starts playing "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion, and me and Tae just look at each other.

"I'd still just tell him," Tae yells over the loud music. Hobi's dancing dramatically in the background. "Life's too short."

"I like Jimin." I say to myself. The words feel weird. I like Park Jimin. I'm starting to imagine what it would be like to know that he's mine when I suddenly hear my phone ding with a text message, and I check it.

Can you come outside? I need to talk to you.

It's Jimin.

I think he heard us. 

(Sorry, this is a short chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed though! Saranghae!)