Chapter 8- Fight

(next day)

I wake up with a long yawn, stretching my arms. I check to see if Jimin's up, and sure enough, he's awake before me. I swear, no one rises earlier than him. Pretty sure he thrives on being awake when no other soul is.

I walk groggily out of the room across to the bathroom. I start to open the door, twisting the knob when someone pushes it closed. "Woah, woah, woah," Jimin says from the other side. "I'm indecent."

I roll my eyes and head to the living room, where everyone else is getting breakfast.

"I had nightmares," Hobi announces to no one in particular.

When no one else responds, I ask him what they were.

"There were zombies in them," he says simply. "Like in the movie."

"You didn't watch the movie."

"Just the idea of it was enough."

I laugh and hug Hobi. "You poor thing."

"Did you have nightmares?" Namjoon asks me from the kitchen.

"Thankfully, no," I laugh.

"Wow." Tae emerges from rummaging through the cabinets. "Very surprising."

"Well, what can I say, it's called growth."

Tae starts to respond when Jimin comes down the stairs, saying, "Well, Hanna, that could've been a catastrophe, couldn't it?" He's laughing.

"What could've?" Yoongi asks.

"Hanna nearly barged through the door while I was changing."

"Ahh, she wanted to see a little somethin-somethin." Tae grins.

This is what you get when you spend your time with seven guys. Literally everything is turned into some kind of inappropriate joke. Usually at your own expense.

"Well," I respond, deciding to spin it around. I bring some blush to my cheeks. "The thing is, I - I was actually looking for Jin."

"Heh?" Jin appears out of nowhere. "You were what now?"

"Looking for you," I flirt.

Jin looks stunned into silence. "Heh?" For once in his life, he's at a complete loss for words, his face bewildered. It's the funniest thing ever.

When he realizes I'm kidding, he laughs loudly

When he realizes I'm kidding, he laughs loudly. "You're too young for me anyway."

I pretend to be hurt.

"Anywayyy," Jimin butts in. "We gotta teach her to control herself."

I roll my eyes.

Then suddenly there's a knock on the door. Jimin goes to answer it. He comes back in with a girl, who I've never seen before. She's very pretty, tall, with intense eyes and dark hair.

Everyone gets excited immediately, going over to her and saying hi. Jin rushes over to her, smiling happily. "Soo-ah!" He embraces her.

Hobi sees me standing, confused, and explains that she's Jin's sister. Ohhh. I feel a little bit relieved. 

Until I see Soo-ah being all handsy with Jimin and standing next to him purposefully. He seems into it.

Then I tell myself to shut up because, who cares who Jimin is involved with. Jimin can do what he wants.

Soo-ah hangs around for a while, for around two weeks, sleeping at the apartment. I go over there a few days after school, but it starts to get more and more uncomfortable. She's very nice to me, but I can see how interested she is in Jimin, and it makes me overprotective. Is it overprotective that I'm being? Now I'm not even sure.

The nine of us hang out, playing games and watching movies. At some point, Soo-ah moves closer to Jimin on the couch, and he puts his arm around her. I look away, trying to immerse myself in the movie.

A few days later, I'm listening to music with headphones on, jamming, when I see the two of them laughing, Soo-ah pulling Jimin into his room. My blood goes hot. I peak into the room just as I see Soo-ah moving closer and closer to Jimin, standing on her tiptoes. I rush away, not able to watch it anymore.

The next day, I arrive after school and find that Soo-ah's gone. Jin tells me she's going back to college, and I wish I wasn't relieved. But I am. When I spot Jimin, I ask, "Are you sad your girlfriend's leaving?"

He looks up. "Who? Soo-ah?"

I nod.

"She was never my girlfriend."

"Wow," I say, shaking my head. "Just kiss a girl one day and dump her the next."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw you two the other day." I scoff. 

"I never kissed her." He responds.

"You know, it's really mean to treat someone that way! You're probably the reason she left so early." I don't know why I'm getting at all angry.

"How can you just assume I'm that terrible of a person?" He demands.

"I don't know, I'm not the one who left her high and dry!"

"Well maybe you should've stayed longer, because then you would've seen that I didn't actually kiss her!" Jimin retorts. "And why do you care so much?"

"I don't! I'm just tired of you being like this!"

"Being like what?!" He challenges angrily.

"Just-!" I start with a burst of emotion. But I really don't have anything to say. "Just stop."

Jimin throws his hands in the air and leaves the room, angry. I stomp out to my car with the same, pent-up fury. Fury that he just keeps acting like this, like he's so oblivious to everything.

When I get back to my house, I hole myself up in my room. Why does he have to be like this? Part of me wishes I hadn't made such a big deal of nothing, but I'm much too proud to apologize first. So I sit there, still fuming at Park Jimin.

A few hours later, he texts me, saying he's sorry about our fight, but also that he doesn't understand why I got angry in the first place. I settle down a little, explaining that I am sorry too. It's awkward over text, and probably would be even more so in person.

Why does he get me to act like this?