Chapter 23- Confrontation

I can't believe her. How could she cheat on Tae?? Who would ever do such a thing?

I growl, and start to stand up, wanting to walk right over to her and demand an explanation. Jimin notices her a split second after I do, and pulls me back. "Don't," he warns. "There could be a different reason."

I push his arm away. "No, I want to know why she thought she could get away with hurting my friend."

"Let's just talk to Taehyung first."

I scoff. "Fine, but I don't want to be the one to tell him."

Jimin promises that he will break the news to him, and we leave the movie before it's even finished. "How should I tell him?" Jimin asks me worriedly in the car. "I don't want to hurt him any more than he will be."

I bite my lip, unsure. "I really don't know. Just try to do it nicely."

He laughs humorously. "Taehyung, your girlfriend is probably cheating on you, but at least I'm telling you nicely, right?" 

"I don't really know how to give him this news well."

Jimin sighs and rubs his temples. When we arrive, we both hesitate to go inside, wishing we could be anywhere else. 

Taehyung opens the door and he's so happy and enthusiastic, my heart nearly breaks. "How was your date??" 

I manage a fake smile. "It was fine, but Tae we have something-"

He pushes us further into the room. "I want all the details! Although don't spoil the movie, I want to see it."

I grimace. "Tae-"

He makes his hands into prayer hands. "Please! No spoilers."

This makes me laugh a little bit. "I won't, I won't."

"So, how was it?" He repeats. 

"It was good, we liked the movie, we ate lots of popcorn and candy, we-"

I'm interrupted for the third time, but this time it's not by Taehyung. 

Instead it's Jimin. "Marisa is cheating on you!" 

So much for saying it nicely and slowly. 

"Wh- what?" Taehyung manages. "What are you talking about?"

I step in. "We saw her holding hands with a guy at the movie theater. I am so sorry, Tae."

He closes his eyes. "You're wrong. She wouldn't. You must've been seeing things."

"Tae, you have to believe us," Jimin pleads. "We don't want you to be any more hurt. That's why we're telling you now. We wish it wasn't true."

Taehyung ignores this and leaves the room, heading to his own. I hear the door shut. I look at Jimin, my heart aching. "We have to do something."

He shrugs, at a loss for ideas, looking pained. 

Jungkook, who heard the whole conversation, gets really mad and stomps off into his respective room as well. Then Jin, always the man with the best advice, heads to them, clearly trying to persuade them to come back out.

The rest of us spend a while trying to figure out what to do, to confront Marisa or not, to leave Tae alone or try to help him. In the end we each send him texts, thinking that that's better than forcing him to talk to us. 

******

A few days later Taehyung is still quite upset. Hobi's trademark glowing smile is replaced with a permanent gloomy look, and everyone's spirits are down.