*I* 22

I *22*

I am sitting here at the corner of the room, watching Ken teaching the kids.

Happiness shown in his face while doing it. From the very start of teaching, he was smiling until now. Genuine smile never leaves his lips. Evidence that he really loves and wants to help those kids to be learned.

The kids are listening to him, their eyes are fixed on him, really paying attention to what Ken's saying.

I can't stop myself but to stare at Ken. And with that, my mind started to think about him.

I met him like nobody. Nerd, loner, trash, bullied but kind. I just met him two weeks ago but I feel like I know a lot of things about him. Seems like I know him well.

I admit, he amazed me so many times but in one way. Being kind. 

He always showed kindness to everyone but he didn't do that to impress the people around him. He did that and kept doing it because that's him, because that's Ken.  Totally kind.

He's not the kind of person who just lets the day pass without doing kindness.  His day couldn't go without helping others. His day won't be completed without the act of showing good. He's nice to everyone.  

You have no right to  ruin nor destroy his name. Nobody has. Because he's so angelic to be ruined.

'You're totally Angel, Ken.'

Habang tumatagal, nakikilala ko siya.
I do observe his doings, words, everything about him. Even the little things, napapansin ko although it's not what I want to do.

I don't know why but everytime my eyes get the sight of him, my whole organs automatically focus on him. My eyes and attention completely glued on him.  When my nose got the smell of his scent and my ears got the sound of his voice, my eyes started to search for him and once my eyes laid on him, I didn't have this urge to take my eyes off him. I can't.  Especially when he started talking and doing something in front of me, my eyes totally glued on him, my attention was on him only.

My deep thought ended when I felt a hand landing on my both shoulders and suddenly, Ken is in front of me now.

I was just looking at him, confused.

He waved his hand in front, maybe it's his way to get my full attention.

"Ayos ka lang ba, Charlyn?" he softly said, worries plastered in his face.

My forehead folded, "Yes. Why?"

"Sigurado ka bang ayos ka lang?" he put the back of his hand on my neck and forehead, checking me if I really am okay.

The touch of his hand on me gave me an electricity that fastly ran over my body. Out of shock, I unconsciously pushed his hand away from me. Sa sobrang pagkagulat, naging malakas ang pagkakatulak ko kaya pate katawan niya ay naitulak ko.

He fell on the floor because of the high impact of what I did. Astonish expression immediately drawn to his face. He was staring at me, totally startled at my sudden action but his concern for me didn't leave.

Kids helped him to stand up.

"Kuya ayos ka lang?" a little girl asked and others followed, they rained Ken a question, different words but same meaning, asking if he's okay.

Worriedlook shown in their whole face as they watching Ken taking the dust off his pants.

Conscience hits me at the sight of them.

"Ayos lang ako," Ken said and smiled to give them assurance.

Kids shifted their eyes on me and stared at me deeply.  Nervous suddenly built inside of me and my heart started to beat so fast as if I'm in a race!