56

56

Seeing Ken in this state kills me.

I felt so weak, made me kneel down in front of him while staring at the man of my life miserable and bathing his own blood.

The distance between us isn't enough to not see the wounds in his face caused by these men.

At the sight of him, in an instant, all the energy I gave to beat all of the fvcking assholes who got in my way here poured, taking all my strength left.

"Ken……" I uttered as tears scrolled down on my cheeks.

I hate showing how vulnerable I am in front of other people, especially to those people who hurt my Ken but I can't hold my emotions. It's too much to bear with.

"Bwahahahaha! Ano? Masakit? Gago! Dapat lang sayo yan!"

My attention shifted to Mr. Dexa—Daddy's Hanz.

"Ano bang kasalanan ko sa inyo? Kung sa ako ang may kasalanan sa inyo, bakit," I gulped, "bakit kailangang siya ang saktan niyo?"

Mr. Dexa fastly ran to my direction and slapped me hard, making me face to the side.

"Anong kasalanan mo sa amin? Boba! May amnesia ka ba't hindi mo na matandaan ang ginawa mo years ago? Putangina, pinatay mo ang asawa ko!"

I wasn't able to protect myself when he started hitting me. Slap, punch, kick. But my mind is occupied with what he said. Then memories years ago appeared in my sight, going back to it.

"Black Blood Soul! We have to get out of here as soon as possible! The bomb is close to exploding!" One of my people shouted in the middle of commotion.

I roamed my eyes around and there, I saw the bomb running out of time. So I am alarmed and do the thing that can save me, run out of the building.

My members and I had a fight with another gangster group which happened to be in Dexa Corporation Blg. After beating them, we found out they planted a bomb inside. The first thing we did was to give an alarm to the people inside to get out of this place before the bomb's explosion.

I was on the first floor, meters away to the exit door when I heard a moan.

"Mmmmmmmm help…… help…."

I stopped and searched for the owner of that pleading voice. And there, I saw a sprawled mother age woman trapped in the heaviness of the cabinet. She looked at me with teary eyes.

"I thought everyone was already outside? And how come she is trapped?" I whispered to myself. I was about to go to her when my underling called me.

"Queen! What are you doing? Let's get out!"

"You go ahead! I just help the woman!"

"What? No way! I won't jeopardize losing our leader!" She went to me and forced me to come with her.

I shifted my gaze on the woman and back to her. "I'll make it up. Just wanna get the woman out of here, too! Or else, she will burn in this building!"

"No! No! No! You don't have enough time!" Using her all energy, she dragged me out of the place while hearing the voice of the hopeless woman.

I took my hand out of her grip and looked at her so bad. "Who gave you the permission to decide for my actions?! You're just my member! I am still the boss! You shouldn't—"

We both were startled when we heard the sound of an explosion. I looked at the entrance of the building full of fumes and fire.

I kneeled down as I reheard again in my ears the voice of the woman and imagined her expression. I feel so weak and bad for not saving her.

I shook my head while looking at Mr. Dexa. "I didn't kill your wife. It's an accident." I said with a low voice but still enough for him to hear me.

"No! You killed her! I was there! I saw you inside the building! She was asking for your help but you turned your back against her! Tinulungan mo dapat siya! Kung tinulungan mo siya, sana hindi siya nasunog sa loob!" For multiple times, he flew his palm to my face and continued to pour his wrath on me. "Ikaw ang puno't dulo ng lahat kaya may bomba roon! Kung hindi lang sana roon kayo nag-ubusan ng miyembro sa building ko ay wala sanang bomba roon! Nadamay pa ang asawa ko sa mga kagaguhan niyo!"

Now that that matter brings up, regret and guilt are eating the whole me, again. It's like a nightmare that keeps coming back.

I didn't notice Hanz's already beside us and stopped his father. Mr. Dexa walked away knocking everything that his hands laid on. I stared at Hanz, thanking him through my eyes because everything is too much for me to speak up. But his expression is unreadable. I know at this moment, he's mad at me.

When we thought Mr. Dexa had done with his wrath towards me, he took off his gun and pointed it at me, aiming my heart. I gulped and my heart started to beat so fast. I closed my eyes as I saw how he pulled the trigger.

"Dad!!!! No!!!!!!" I heard before that I feel a body wrapping around me.

I opened my eyes to see Hanz looking at me with tears in his beautiful eyes. He coughed blood. My eyes widened when I learned everything! He got shot!

He smiled at me but didn't reach his eyes and said, "Y-you're the best thing that happened in my life……I still l-love you despite everything." Then he slowly closed his eyes.

"No! No! No! It can't be! Please, stay awake! Hanz!" I shouted while tears streaming down my face.

But the next words I heard totally lost my mind.

"Charlyn, si Ken! He's not breathing!!!"