S *41*

S *41*

Seeing your best friend hopeless and hearing her sobbing full of pain is a different kind of pain. But what hurts the most is the fact that I can't do anything to ease or even lessen her pain. It seems like there's a sharp thing digging my chest. The sight of her makes me breathless.

We just watched Charlyn silently crying, trying her best not to make any noise but failed to contain her sobs. Her shoulder is moving up and down, proof of her sobbing. Her whole body is shaking. She's depressed!

The last time we saw her like this is when she learned that her mother had another family. She was lost and devastated. She was messed up.

Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes while witnessing her down side and have nothing to do. For the second time, I feel useless as her best friend. I shifted my look to Almyra and Luna who're already in tears. I know just like me, it hurts them seeing one of their friends suffering. I shook my head and looked up to prevent my tears that were about to fall. I sighed and walked towards Charlyn's direction.

I sat beside her and hugged her tightly, implying that she's not alone. This is the thing I could do, be with her down times. I caressed her back as she kept on crying. It seems like she kept the heavy feeling for the past days and just exploded by now.

"We're here, Charlyn. We will stay by your side. We will not leave you alone." My voice broke as tears streamed down my face.

Almyra and Luna joined our hugs. The whole room filled with our cries. We cried together even Almyra, Luna and I don't know what is the root of Charlyn's pain. But we have something in common at this moment, and that is we are all in pain.

After a minute, we calmed down but didn't break the hugs. We stayed like that for half an hour. We wiped each other's tears left on our cheeks after.

"Nakakainis ka talaga Charlyn! Look what you've done to us? Oh My Gosh! I may look fvck up! Your emotion was so contagious!" Almyra jokingly complained to lighten up the atmosphere. "Look! Ang panget mo na! Worst, dinamay mo pa kaming tatlo!"

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being overreacting, Almyra."

Charlyn just stared at us with puffy eyes and made a half smile. We stood up and sat on the sofa. I was about to ask about her problem again when she opened it up all of a sudden after the long sigh she let go.

"I like Ken."

We are a little bit shocked at her confession. Almyra's lips formed an 'O' and covered her mouth using her fingers. Luna scowled as she stared at Charlyn. While me, don't know how to react to it. Well, we noticed that already but it's just a big thing for us knowing the fact it is the first time she fell in love. She was a playgirl!

We stayed silent and let her continue. She looked down as she added her words. "But he don't feel the same. He doesn't like me." There's a hint of bitterness in her voice and pain written all over her face as she looked at us.

She gulped as tears started to pool in her eyes again, holding it back. "He was confronted and asked about her feelings for me. But he just loves me as his....." Her voice broke, making her stop talking. She inhaled a lot of air and breathed out. "He just see me as his friend." Tears escaped from her eyes as she smiled bitterly.

We don't know what to say. This is the moment I didn't expect. I never imagined this. That's why we don't know what is the right thing to do.

She wiped her tears but it was immediately replaced with another. She shook her head multiple times. "I don't know but it hurts. Specifically here," she as she pointed to her left chest, where her heart will be found.

"I didn't expect it would be this painful. I didn't wish this to feel even in my nightmare. It is kinda difficult. I am struggling while dealing with this. And you know, I may be cold and physically strong but I am so weak inside. I am not good at handling emotion. I'm vulnerable."

She smiled as if she remembered a good memory. "He's different. His looks aren't close to my type but his personality is beyond. I used to be chased by guys and get the heart of whoever I wanted so easily. But he's not. I can't have him because I am the only one who has feelings." Sadness drawn in her eyes.

"This may be one of the reasons why I chose to not take any relationship seriously. But karma always comes. I guess, this is my karma for all the hearts I played with and their tears that were wasted because of my toxicity and heartlessness. I know now the feeling of not being wanted. Masakit. Masakit pala talaga."

She asked us to leave her alone after but with a soft voice after her confession. We hesitated to do that but she assured us she won't do any stupid things. We trusted her so we left her.

"Ano na ang gagawin natin ngayon na alam na natin ang rason niya?" Luna started the conversation.

"Ang ano naman kase! Sa dami ba naman ng lalaking pwede niyang magustuhan, sa Nerd pa na yun! Sa study first guy, talagang malabong magustuhan siya rin non! Gosh! Hindi naman gwapo yun e!" Almyra murmured with a frown face.

"Baliw, gwapo si Ken," I fired back.

"Gwapo nga, pero pinakahuli naman yung mukha niya! Bakit kase hindi na lang si Hanz? Minsan talaga, may pagka-stupid si Charlyn when it comes to choosing!"

Luna held our shoulders and alternately looked at us with a glimpse of light in her eyes. "Let's tell Ken. Maybe he can do something about it."