Y *40*

40

KIM'S P.O.V.

"I'm good. It's just that I missed doing this, and being drunk."

Sa hindi mabilang na pagkakataon na tanong namin kung ano ba talaga ang problema niya, yan ang sagot ni Charlyn. Kung gaanong pareho ang tanong namin na ibinabato sa kanya, ganon din ang sagot niya. Her answer is such a shit to my ears, useless.

We are here at her Condo, accompanying her. It's been six days mula noong inaya niya kami na pumunta sa Condo niya para mag-inom. At first, we faced her without any doubt for her sudden invitation. Bagama't alam namin na that was the first time she asked us to get drunk, again. Magmula noong mapalapit sila nung Ken, suddenly, she changed a lot. We barely see her smoking and drinking alcohol. She become lighter than these past years.

"Nakakainis ka na ah! Konting konti na lang, sasabunutan na kita!" Mangiyak ngiyak na sigaw ni Almyra na gaya ng inaasahan, mabilis na inalo ni Luna.

I grabbed the bottle of wine she was about to sip and stared at her seriously. "If you can't open it up with us, then do not make any move that can affect us. You're giving us a feeling we don't want to feel about you."

Her brows met and stood up to lay down on her bed. Luna walked and sat beside her. "Alcohol is not the best solution to your problem. Stop ruining yourself." Bilib din ako sa babaeng 'to dahil sa aming tatlo, siya ang pinakakalmado sa kabila ng nangyayari.

Charlyn didn't give a word to her and her favorite line came out her mouth. "Just fvcking leave me alone."

We sighed and shook our heads. Wala kaming nagawa kundi ang umalis, gaya ng nangyayari.

Kahit hindi niya sabihin, we know she's going through something. It's not her usual actions. Yeah, she's been lost before but changed these past months. And really suspicious about her sudden moves and words. What the heck is really happening to this stubborn girl?

"What are we going to do now?" Luna asked calmly as we were heading in the direction of our cars which are parked in the parking area of the building.

"Pabayaan niyo na siya. T*ngina niya, she's giving us a headache. So irritating!" Almyra exclaimed, making the people passing look at us.

I glared at her. "Lower down your voice."

We stopped when we reached our destination and faced each other. "What if we ask Ken about Charlyn's current situation? Maybe he knows something right?" Luna suggested.

I nodded, agreeing with her. Almyra rolled her eyes. "Where the hell on earth will see that Nerd? We can't see him in the school since today is Sunday."

We went silent, thinking where we can see him. An idea popped in my mind and alternately looked at them.

"Church."

Hindi naman ako nagkamali na makita siya. As what I expected, he's infront with his colleagues. We settled on the back since we are not here for what the common purpose of others. We are here for Ken.

We smiled at him when his eyes nailed on our direction. Confusion immediately written in his face but he still managed to smile back. And never leave his eyes on us.

"Oh My Gosh! Ang gwapo ng katabi niya!" Impit na tili na Almyra, causing people near us look at our direction. Bahagya ko siyang siniko at tinignan ng masama. This girl loves attention, ts!

Pagkatapos ng ilang oras, the mass ends. Ken directly approached us. I swiftly told him our concerns. We were shocked when he said we would visit Charlyn. But we agreed, it's a favor for us. Hoping you can calm her down.

We got irritated at Charlyn's behaviour after she saw Ken. We can't take it anymore. We went inside her condo without her permission. She was almost out of her balance because of our sudden attack. Almyra slammed the door. And me? I just found myself touching her cheek in a harsh way. Yes, I slapped her!

Charlyn held her cheek where my hand landed and slowly looked at me, a sharp eyes seen in itself. Her breathing became faster, I could see it on how her chest moved. Her jaw clenched and her whole body trembled in anger.

Luna went to the center, cutting the tension between her and me. Out of the time, Almyra's laugh filled the room. It is not a genuine one, but sarcastic.

She gave a wide smile to Charlyn. "Does it hurt? Oh well, deserve! Hahahahaha," she then looked at me with amusement. "I liked what you did to her. So ridiculous."

Luna faced me. "Why did you do that? She's our best friend. You shouldn't have done that."

A smirk formed on my lips. "Yun ay kung best friend ang tingin niya sa atin."

She couldn't utter a word and ended up shaking her head. Sunod niyang pinagalitan si Almyra. "You, what's funny there? You're insane," kalmado pa rin ang kanyang tinig, nakakamangha.

She turned her back against us to face Charlyn who was currently standing there and staring at nothing. "And you? Why did you shoo him away? Nagmamalasakit lang yung tao sa kalagayan mo. You're being back to the old you, Charlyn Zhasha Valdez. What's wrong with you?"

"Nakakaawa yung tao. He wanted to see you personally to know what's really going on with you. But look what he had got for being good? Being pushed away. Ts!" I can still see Ken's expression when Charlyn pushed him away. Pathetic Ken.

Almyra covered the room with her laugh, again. "What do you expect from that heartless girl, Kim? Ganyan naman niyan e, walang pakialam sa mga taong nagmamalasakit sa kaniya. What a pain in the ass!"

We were astonished when Charlyn sat on the floor and covered her face using legs, wrapping itself like a lost kid. Seconds ago, her small sobs enveloped the place. Until it went louder, and louder.

Nagkatinginan kaming tatlo na natutulala sa nasaksihan. We don't know what to do!

What really is your problem, Charlyn?