53

Hanz P.O.V.

"Good morning, babe! Miss me that much, that's why you wanted to meet me this early?"

She called me last night to go to school so early because she wanted to see me. I was so excited because it was the first time she called me and it has been almost a month that we are in a relationship.

I admit, nagtatampo at nagtataka kung bakit siya ganoon pero binalewala ko na lang. Iniisip ko na lang na baka ganyan siya talaga as a girlfriend, hindi sweet.

My smile slowly faded and I felt my forehead creased when I got no response from her and just stared at me with pity in her eyes.

I moved closer to reach her hand and seriously looked at her perfect face.

"What's our problem, babe?"

I witnessed how her throat moved, "I'm s-sorry.... I am-" she paused as she gulped again.

I held her hand so tight. Ramdam ko ang pamamasa nito at panginginig. I squeezed it to calm her and encourage to speak.

"Relax. Tell me. Why so sorry?"

She took a deep breath and let it go soundly. "There's n-no us anymore. I am b-breaking up with y-you," she uttered as she took her hands from my grip and looked away.

Sandali akong natulala habang nakatingin sa kanya. I didn't know how to respond, what to say or what to do. I was just standing there, looking so stupid.

Then realization hit me as I slowly felt the pain growing up from my chest.

"Kase may iba na, tama ba? Ah never palang naging ako ang gusto mo," I bitterly said as tears slowly forms at the corner of my eyes.

She quickly looked at me with shock in face. "H-hanz...."

I faked a laugh. "Hindi naman kase ako manhid para hindi maramdaman yun. Mahal mo SIYA, diba? SIYA ang mahal mo at hindi ako. Tama ako, diba?" I looked up to surpass the falling-tears but I failed. So I just let it stream down to my cheeks.

"It explains why you never treat me like your man. It explains why I felt like you were just using me. It explains why I couldn't feel your presence and you're so distant even when I close the space between us. It explains why I never feel your love, because in the first place, you don't have any feelings for me. Bakit ganon? Ako ang boyfriend mo pero bakit iba ang nagmamay-ari ng puso mo? I did everything. I love everything about you despite your past. But why can't I have you?"

I didn't get any response from her. She's just looking at me with guilt in her face.

I took her hand again and kissed the back of it. "Mahal kita, Charlyn. And I am setting you free now. Chase what's make you happy. Chase the man who can make your eyes shine. Chase him," even it makes my heart shatter into pieces.

And I started to walk away from him as tears kept falling.

Ang sakit. Hindi ka man lang nagsinungaling at deneny ang lahat. You just proved na siya talaga ang mahal mo.