G *8*

G *8*

Charlyn Zhasha  POV

The next morning, I woke up late because I arrived at home around two in the morning. I went to the ALCbar with Hanz—the cute guy who gave me a flower yesterday.

I wasn't shocked when I arrived at school late. The teacher was discussing our lesson as I opened the door. She stopped and I felt everyone's eyes on me. I was searching for a chair as she scolded me about why I went late, why I didn't knock, why I disturbed her discussions session etc. I just let her ask so many questions because I know she will stop once she gets tired.

Hindi naman ako nagkamali because she stopped lecturing me when I found a chair. I chose the position where I can sleep so I ended up in the backseat. Coincidence, the nerd was sitting beside me.

He glanced at me for a second and turned his eyes on the teacher who continued her business.

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on the back of my chair. I put my headset on my both ears and closed my eyes, planning to take a nap.

I woke up when I heard a laughed. Kinapa ko ang aking headset only to know na wala na pala ito sa tenga ko.

'Kaya pala wala na akong naririnig na music and only the background I can hear'

Nag-inat ako and rubbed my eyes using both of my hands while my eyes were still closed. I slowly opened my eyes and roamed it around. I searched my headset and I found it on the floor. I bowed down to reach it.

I saw the nerd at the center blindfold when my head was up. Inihaharap ang paa bago hahakbang, ginagamit na pangkapa. He can't take the handkerchief out of his eyes because his hands are tied.

"Nerd nandito ang gamit mo," one of my classmate said.

"No! Your bag was on me," another one shouted, making sure the nerd would hear.

The nerd followed the last voice he heard.

Gino---the boy who have the nerd bag speak, "Hoy tanga! Nandito ang bag mo wala sa kanila!"

Nerd turned his head to the direction of Gino then started to walk. When he was close to Gino's position, Gino ordered one of my classmates to get the big trash can in a gestures way for the nerd not to hear it and bring it infront of him . Precisely, the nerd leg  bumped into the trashcan and out of balance, napasubsob siya sa loob ng trash can.

"Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!" the room was covered with their laughter.

"Nakakatuwa ka talagang pagtripan!"

"Ang sarap mong paglaruan!"

"Lampa!"

Random boys commented as the nerd tried his best to get up. He had a hard time doing that because he couldn't use his hands but he still managed to do it.

They untied him and took the handkerchief out of his eyes. Kinuskos niya ang kaniyang mata and slowly opened it, adjusting the light.

"Dahil pinasaya mo kami, ayan na ang bag mo!" Gino said and threw it to the nerd then they left.

The nerd immediately opened his book and checked inside if there's messing. Nakahinga siya ng maluwang when maybe he found out that nothing was lossing.

He looked at his uniform and shook his head while wiping the dust, "Hayssss! Mahihirapan sigurado si Nanay na labahan ito. Ayoko pa naman siyang nahihirapan," he uttered and sadness visible in his face.

In just a second his eyes lightened, "Ah alam ko na! Ako na lang ang maglalaba," he said and took his bag and walked out of the room.

I felt my forehead creased because of what I witnessed, "Why didn't he mind what happened to him? Why does it's seems like his bag is more important than himself? Why instead of worrying himself, is his Mom's situation? And why is he like that? Everytime he gets bullied, he's acting like nothing bad happened to him after?" I asked myself, talking to no one.

My eyebrows formed in one line when I realized something, "At bakit ba naging kuryos ako about him? Psh! Charlyn, it's not your business to waste time thinking about it," I scolded myself and went off.

Friday came, I witnessed again how they bullied Ken—the nerd. I just knew his name when our teacher called him to solve the problem.

I was in the back of our building, standing and smoking when I saw him eating, taking his lunch. I just stared at him when my other classmates came up to him.

"Ano ang ulam mo?" Winz asked in a bombastic way.

Ken looked up to see him, "Sardinas," he shortly answered.

"Sardinas? Pagkain ba yan ng tao? Hindi ba't pagkain yan ng mga hayop?"

Ken shook his head, "Hindi lang hayop ang pwedeng mag-ulam ng sardinas, pate rin ang tao."

Winz looked at his friends, "Pagkain pa rin daw ng tao? Diba hayop lang?"

His friends agreed and he back his eyes on Ken, "Oh sabi sayo pagkain lang ng hayop e," he roamed his eyes around and when he saw a cat, he commanded one of his peer to get the cat for him.

"Alam mo ang bagay diyan? Dapat pinapakain sa hayop," he said as he snatched the lunch box from Ken.

Sakto namang nakuha na nong inutusan niya ang pusa and gave to him. He put the cat down with the lunch box and cat started to eat Ken's food.

"Oh diba? Gustong gusto nong pusa? Sabi sayo pagkain lang ng hayop yan e!" he happily exclaimed while pointing the cat.

Ken was just staring at the cat.

"Oww wala ka na palang pagkain no?" Winz sadly said like he was worrying. He grabbed the lunch box and gave to Ken, "Sige! Pwede mo na palang kainin. Total mukha ka rin lang namang hayop!" he smirked and then they laughed and left.

*Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!*

Ken alternately looked at his food and the cat who was currently looking at him.

"Gusto mo ito?" he asked the cat while pointing at the sardine.

*Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!*

Ken put his lunch box down near the cat. The cat immediately tackled the sardine and Ken started to massage the cat while looking at the cat with a wide smile plastered in his lips.

"Nabusog ka ba?" he talked to the cat again after the cat ate.

*Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!*

Mas lalong lumaki ang kanyang pagkakangite nang tumugon ang pusa.

"Wala bang nagpapakain sayo?" the cat respond again.

"Ganon ba?" I saw pity in his eyes, "Huwag kang mag-alala magmula ngayon, makakakain ka na dahil araw araw kitang dadalhan ng pagkain. Basta dito ka pupunta huh? Para makita kita. Gusto mo ba yun?"

*Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!* *Meow!*

He carried the cat while smiling, "Ano kayang ipapangalan ko sayo?" he looked at the cat, "Ah alam ko na! Tuning na lang! Ang ganda diba?" the cat meow again, way of agreement.

"Tuning! Tuning! Tuning!"

I scowled while staring at him.

'Why is he really like that? Instead of getting mad at the cat for eating his lunch, he fed the cat and he's going to feed it from now on? Why is he so kind?'