Chapter 17 - 17: You're A Singer ?!

Across the long hall, a youth skipped his footsteps happily while humming a song.

la la la la la la la ~~~

He stopped at Li Lian's room and burst into the room happily.

BANG

" Sister-in-law !! " Like a puppy wagging his tail, Xiao Chen joyfully walk in and marches straight to Li Lian.

Li Lian was just reading her magazines and scribbles through her notes. For the past days, she studied the entire design, fashions, and also the economy that she passed for a year.

She was already used to Xiao Chen's spontaneous appearance and didn't care to either scold or warn him, she had lost to his enthusiasm.

" What ?? " Asked Li Lian She would always laugh or smiles whenever she saw Xiao Chen. At this home, Xiao Chen felt like an extra-boasting-positive-energy charger for her.

Xiao Chen sat down at the chair opposites to her playfully and pulled out a sport-car key and swing the key happily

" I got a present from Ge-ge !! "

" Wow, well that's goo- " Before she finishes her sentence, Xiao Chen cuts off her words again

He points at one of the opened magazines, the headline was circled red by Li Lian

[ Singer Competition ]

" Sister-in-law, You want to compete here, do you know how to sing? "

She burst and laugh at Xiao Chen

" pftt- Xiao Chen, don't you know, your sister-in-law here is a singer ! " she chopped his head with her palm carefully.

" W...WHAT !!! I never knew that sister-in-law, you are a singer !! "

"Well I certainly a-" Once again, her words were cut off by Xiao Chen

" Why don't you tell me! You know, I am the head director of the Li family's Entertainment company !! I could've made you famous in a second !!! "

BONK

This time, Li Lian knocked Xiao Chen's head with a bit more pressure.

" Xiao Chen, Do you know why I didn't mention going on the competition from Jun Wei ?? " He eyebrows furiously twitches and she rubbed the bridge of her nose and sigh reluctantly.

The empty brained Kale still look curiously at her.

" Hear, okay, My husband, darling is an important person. In a few counts of seconds, I could be both famous and rich. But all of that is Darling's hard work, How could I just ride the wave and enjoy his hard works ?? "

"So, you don't want to look down upon as some mistress or a woman who used her body & face to seduced my Ge-ge? "

" Well, that's also one of the reasons. But most importantly, I want to be in equal standing with him and made him proud for having me as his wife! For that, I need to work hard and build everything from the bottom !! "

Everything that Li Lian says was truly what she felt from the bottom of her heart. As the Emperor's wife, she should be the one and only Empress that would bring both fortune and fertility for her husband !!

' Well, my one of my reason other than revenge is to make my darling happy for being married to me! ' The corners of her lips raises and her smiles radiant.

Other than the two people at the room, Jun Wei who once more time stumble upon the scene and eavesdrops their conversation also smiles dotingly at her Wife's words.